Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 36. The Testosterone

Important notice change:  Character Name change, from now on Rachel and Apollo will go on with their original names from the Spanish version: Raquel and Apolo. I'll eventually go back and fix the names in the previous chapters  but just to give up a heads-up. 

- 36 - 

Things don't have to be perfect.

Perfection can be so subjective. Ares' confession might seem unromantic to many, but to me? It was perfect. To me, he's amazing, unstable and all.

Maybe I am blinded by love, maybe I can't see beyond my feelings, but if there is even a small chance to be happy with him, I can try. I want to be happy. I deserve it after going through so much.

Who didn't like that decision?

That's right, Yoshi.

My sweet best friend stands in front of me, his eyes are burning with rage. He's holding Ares' cell phone in his raised hand, showing it to me.

"He's here, isn't he?"

I open my mouth to deny it, but nothing comes out. Yoshi presses his lips and diverts his gaze as if facing me was fueling his anger.

"You just don't learn, Raquel."

I clench my fists at my sides.

"And what are you going to do about it? Tell my mother? You've been very good at that lately," before he can say anything I continue. "Tell me, Joshua." He winces hearing me use his full name. "What else can I expect from you? Will you tell her about the first time I got drunk? Or the time I skipped class to sneak out with Dani to go bowling? Tell me, so I can be prepared."

"Raquel, don't do this, don't paint me as the bad guy. Everything I did was because-"

"Because you're in love with her and you're a jealous jerk."

Ares' voice startles me and I watch him walk down the stairs, his cold eyes are on Yoshi.

Yoshi instantly gets defensive.

"This is none of your business."

Ares wraps one arm around my waist to pull me next to him.

"Yes, it is. Everything that has to do with her has to do with me."

"Really?" Yoshi lets out a sarcastic laugh. "And when did you earn that right? You've only hurt her, and you'll continue to do so."

"At least I didn't screw up the relationship she had with her mother in a fit of jealousy," I stare at him in surprise. Ares shakes his head. "Do you have any idea how selfish you were? You should learn to play fair."

Wait a second, how did Ares know about Yoshi? I have a feeling that Dani couldn't hold back and told Apolo, and he might have told Ares. Dani and I will have a long conversation after this. Yoshi makes a face at Ares.

"I'm not interested in talking to you. I'm here for her, not for you. You shouldn't even be here, you should leave."

Ares gives him a smile.

"Make me."

Ares lets go of me and walks towards him, with his hands in the air. Yoshi looks small in front of him.

"Come on, try to make me leave. Give me an excuse to beat you up for doing something so shitty to my girl."

My girl...

That makes me hold my breath. Yoshi stands firm.

"Typical, you resort to violence when you don't know what to say."

"No, I resort to violence when someone deserves it."

"Then you should beat yourself up," Yoshi replies with a venomous tone. "No one deserves a beating more than you."

I can just see Ares' shoulders tense up and how he clenches his fists. Immediately, I step between them.

"I think that was enough," I give Yoshi a pleading look. I consider telling him to leave, but I know that's only going to make things worse. The only way to control this is to make both leave. "I think you should both leave."

I glance over my shoulder to see Ares and he doesn't seem surprised at my request. He raises his hands in the air.

"As you wish."

He walks to the door, but stops, waiting for Yoshi, who gives me one last sad look before leaving. They both disappear behind the door of my house. Part of me fears they'll fistfight out there, but they're off my property now, and they're both mature enough to make their own decisions.

I let out a long sigh and fall back on my couch. What a morning!

Not only did I have Ares' confession, I also had to deal with the stress of Yoshi finding out about us and somehow Ares' words about Yoshi stuck in my head.

Because you're in love with her and you're a jealous jerk. At least I didn't screw up the relationship she had with her mother in a fit of jealousy. Do you have any idea how selfish you were? You should learn to play fair.

Is Ares right? I've tried to believe that Yoshi hurt me only because he wanted what was the best for me. With that reasoning, maybe in the near future I could forgive him. It's a lifetime of friendship. However, if he only did it out of jealousy, that will diminish the possibility of forgiving him. I sigh again. I really hope he doesn't tell my mom that he saw Ares here. I don't want any more drama and trouble.

I'm so fucking in love with you.

My heart races at the memory of those words. I still find it hard to believe, Ares is in love with me, he has feelings for me. I'm not just another girl he uses for fun. I remember his cold words a few weeks ago, his icy attitude after taking my virginity, waking up in an empty bed and hearing him tell his maid to get rid of me. He has hurt me so many times. But I don't think he's to the blame for all of it. I knew what I was getting into. He was clear with me and I continued to be there for him time and time again.

But now...

For the first time, he has put into words what feels for me.

The unstable idiot has a heart. I remember his confession and the intensity in his beautiful eyes. Unable to help myself, I let out a childish little squeal. I'm not the only one in love.

With a stupid smile on my face, I go up to my room. Despite everything, I manage to fall asleep again. I know, I have a superhuman ability to sleep under any circumstance.

----

Hi! I know this chapter is short. But I got some GREAT NEWS. If you follow me on social media, you probably already know but... sit down and listen:

ACROSS MY WINDOW IS BEING ADAPTED INTO A MOVIE FOR NETLIX SPAIN T.T YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT!

HERE'S THE TEASER:

Filming started on March 14th and it ended a week ago. It's going to be available worldwide. All the cast information are on my profile on Instagram Ari_godoy and the official movie Instagram is ATDMVnetflix.

I can't put into words my excitement, this year has been a rollercoaster for me and there is so much more to come. My dear English readers, recommend the story around so we can get the word around for people to read and get ready for the movie :D Who knows? Maybe one day, you may be able to hold the English version in your hands ;) I'm just saying. 

Also, we hit one million reads :D THANK YOU! 

As a reward, I'm going to be doing a marathon of chapters so expect many more after this one <3

All the love, 

Ariana G.