Prologue

When I was a kid, I always thought that happiness is when you have toys and friends to play with. But as I grew older, I realized that happiness cannot be found in those material things only.

At my age, I see Happiness when you have what you want.

When you have the person you love beside you, when you have enough time and
when you're in love each other's side.

When the both of you are willing to take the risk, just to be with each other.

Happiness is when he choose you and face the world together.

When you see him at worst yet you chose to stay.

And most of all, happiness is when you are contended on what you have.

As I grew older, I realized that our world is unpredictable.

It can turn your whole life upside down.

...and sometimes,

we, people are making our own problem and complaining that life is hard.

In fact, life is easy when we choose to do what is right.

Caden Angelo Ocfemia's

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

Swipe left.

"Oh." I think he was the guy I've been looking for. Areng!

Seriously, he got the looks, his moreno skin and perfect lips.

I've been searching in this app since then. Looking for chat mates or kung su-swertihin, jowa. And now, I finally found the one. OA ko don, eh hindi pa nga mag ma-match.

(i'm not promoting. quiet nalang kayo kung alam nyo yung app na tinutukoy ko.)

"Kent Joshua Gan."

"Caden Angelo Ocfemia" pakilala ko. This is it.

"Nice to see you Caden!" masayang bati nya.

At first, syempre nahe-hesitate ako makipag meet, kulang ako sa confidence and hello, we're on 21st century at sa panahon ngayon, hindi mo na alam kung sinong tao ba ang safe or masama.

Most of them are devils dressed like an angels.

Imagine, who would thought na may taong kayang balatan ang kapwa tao? not one, but two and so.

Anyway, mabalik tayo dito sa ka-meet ko.

"Same here." sagot ko naman.

"I'm a full time instructor of Marry Immaculate College. How about you?"

"Incoming grade 11 sa school kung saan ka nagtuturo."

"Caden, Will you be my boyfriend?"

Without any hesitation, I said yes.

I will face the world with him.

We will conquer the struggles of life, together.

"Caden, I need your help, please."

"Lexie, no one can help yourself except you alone."

"No, Caden! There's a way! Tell your boyfriend to give me a passing grade para maisalba ko 'to." pilit nya.

"I'm sorry, Lexie." akmang tatalikod na ako ng..

"Kung hindi ka makukuha sa matinong usapan, dadaanin kita sa santong paspasan." banta nya.

"And what a Lexie Marquez could do to harm me?" unkavogable entry ko.

"Not for you. But for Mr. Gan." she said.

I'm speechless. No. Hindi nya naman siguro gagawin yung iniisip ko?

"Yes, Baby Caden. Kayang kaya ko rin ibigsak ang career ng boyfriend mo. So choose, pakikiusapan mo sya, o sya ang  makikiusap sakin?" insert her evil laugh na boses witch.

"No, Caden. I will just pass her if she comply to my subject. Ni isang activity o quiz wala syang maibigay. Nasan sya? Busy sya pakikipag harutan sa boyfriend niyang hilaw."

"But she's threatening you. She's threatening us."

"Just be still. You got me." and everything is fine. Naniniwala ako sayo, Mabs.

"Mr. Gan alam mong hindi tama pero still, ginawa mo padin."

"My personal attachments are out of  your control." I defended.

"But you're ruining the reputation of MIC!"

"Fuck, reputations!"

"There's nothing wrong with that. I just love. Nagmahal lang ako."

"I know Mr. Gan. Nagmahal ka lang. Nagmahal ka pero sa hindi tamang paraan at hindi tamang lugar. Isa pa, menor de-edad sya. Bata pa sya, Mr. Gan. Baka naguguluhan lang sya and you took advantage of him."

"Alam ba to ng magulang nya?"

I'm speechless. Maybe Mr. Corpuz is right. Maybe this love brings only confusion with him.

He's too young for love.

“No, no!” he's crying.

"Nasan na yung 'YOU AND ME AGAINST THE WORLD' na promise mo?"

"Yung pinky promise?"

"Akala ko ba, we will conquer the problems together, ano to bat parang tayo pa ang sinisira ng problema?"

"Lexie!" mariing tawag ko sakanya at kasunod nito ang putok ng isang baril.

"If you just listen to me, this will not happen." and everything turns black.