Chapter Forty Nine (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

A boy stood in front of me, he had brown hair, his eyes were a mixture of blue and hazel. He had a lot of similarities to Alec and Eli, even Colton. Beside him he held the hand of a younger girl. She had brown hair that fell to her shoulders and blue eyes. "Hello." I say looking at them both. The girl blushes, the boy looks up to me. "Hello ma'am. Our mom came in here a while ago. But my sister and I need to use the bathroom." He says. "Jett go in to the living room with your brother and your cousins okay." I say looking over my shoulder. "Sure mom." He says walking in to the living room. "What are your names?" I ask them, I already knew who they were I just wanted to confirm I was seeing straight. "My name is Jayson and this is my little sister Summer-Mia." Jayson says. "Okay Jayson and Summer. I'll show you where the bathroom is." I say smiling. I lead them to the bathroom and I wait for them. I pop my head in to the twins room, they were both awake, standing in their cots. "Sorry about the noise babies." I say walking over to them. I lift them both out and place them on each hip. I carry them on to the landing just as the bathroom door opened. They both walked out and they look at the twins. "Hey Jay, he looks a little like you." Summer says as we walk down the stairs. Jayson looks at Colton and he smiles. "He kind of does. She looks abit like you." He shrugs as we walk down the stairs. Its not my place to say anything. I say to myself. "Jayy do we have to go back in the car with grandma and grandpa? It's so boringg, we've been in the car ages!" Summer whines. "Quit whining summer, we gotta wait in the car for mom." Jayson says. "But." Summer says. "If you want, you can go in to the living room, my boys are in there watching tv with their cousins and I can let your mom know." I say smiling. I'm pretty sure Alec will calm down once he knows they're here in the house. They both look at me. "Okay." They nod. I lead them in to the living room. "Jett, Eli, River and Jade. This is Jayson and Summer, they're gonna watch TV with you okay?" I say. "Sure thing is dad okay mom?" Jett asks. "Yeah. He is." I say walking over to the play pen. I put down Chloe and I carry Colton to the changing mat, I lay him down and quickly change his diaper. I put the dirty one in a nappy sack and then I put him in his play pen. I done the same thing with Chloe and placed her back in her play pen.

I walked in to the kitchen and put the rubbish in the bin. I wasn't going to make the twins their bottles yet, I didn't want to risk Alec waking them up again. I stood on the landing and looked in to the living room, they were all watching TV. I knocked on the Alec's office door before walking in. They were still bickering, I cleared my throat. "Who was it at the door babe?" Alec asks. "Jayson and Summer, they needed to use the bathroom so I let them. They're in the living room watching TV with the kids." I say. "You have more kids Alec?" Brook asks. "Four." He says dismissively. "Did you say they were in the living room?" Alec says standing up. I nod. He bolts out the office leaving me and Brook alone. "You must think I'm a terrible person." She says. "I do. You are a terrible person, you don't know what you put him through.. But it's not place to say." I say. She sighs. But I couldn't shut up. I was so angry! "You made him believe that his mate and his kids were dead. You've kept them away from him for all these years. He has mourned for them, he missed their birthdays, Christmas. I don't think you understand at all how fucked up that was. How fucked up this is!" I shout. "I get it! I said I'm sorry! I can't change the past. It's happened. We're here now you know!" She says. "Why are you here!?" I ask. "Jayson and Summer turned 9 and 7." She says. "So after all these years your guilty conscience has finally caught up with you." I snarl. "Listen, Olivia is it? I don't know what the hell was going through my head back then. Alec and I were in a bad place and when the car crashed I panicked and fled, then it was too late, he was told and I needed a fresh start so that's what I done for my children. As a mother you should understand." She says. "As a mother? As a mother I understand needing a fresh start. But I wouldn't fake ANY of my children's death for all these years because of a 'bad place' that your relationship was in." I say. "I know. The damage has been done, I couldn't go back on it, even though I want to. " She says. I shake my head and I begin walking out the room "Olivia?" She calls. I turn around. "Yes?" I say. "I'm sure you understand right? I mean you left your mate with your son." She says in a snarky tone. The nerve of this woman! "You know nothing about me so don't ever assume. What you done was completely wrong! You made Alec believe you were all dead. For years! Do not ever compare me to you Brook. You are in the wrong. You emotionally tortured him for six years." I say leaving Brook sitting in the office. I was pissed. How dare she! I shook my head and I followed the sound of laughter that lead me to the living room, I stood in the door way, watching them.