Phyllis shook her head without leaving her eyes from his constantly change per every time she blinked. Red, purple, red, purple.

"No" she said with an angelic voice. If there were emotions, James couldn't hear them. "You did something not fair"

James frowned. Unforgivable, he thought and nodded his head in affirmation. "Are you here on behalf of your parents?"

"You made them cry" she said and frowned emotions threatening to show. "You made Mommy cry and scared. You made Mama cry too. I don't like when Mama cries. It's sad"

"I am sorry I made them cry. It was truly never my intention" that was the truth.

He blinked and made a startled movement when he saw that she had moved from her original spot. James stopped smiling. He began to calculate, trying to figure out the girl's intentions. She kept staring, kept her porcelain emotionless expression. She kept blinking, making him dizzy. Her eyes were too much for him to bare and dared to look down.

James gritted his teeth. He had never submitted or lowered his eyes to anyone before. But this breathtaking creature, this terrific thing made him submit simply by looking at him. Only then did he thought pensively. This was a dire situation. He absolutely had to get her in his room, bind her to him. He had no room for any more mistakes. This girl before him was going to be his biggest and hardest catch.

"I don't like sad" Phyllis continued. "Sad is hard to live with. Sad is not fair"

"The world is not fair, little angel" James said dryly. "Your Mama did something unforgivable. She needs to pay for her actions"

He was beginning to think he may not have the upper hand. It was impossible, the child was only three years old.

"It should be. More fair than now" Phyllis said from behind him. James jumped and turned around only to find her at arms distance. "Mama tells me one pays what one deserves. Why not you? You made my moms' cry, made them hurt and lost. They can't come back now, all alone in the darkness. They don't know how"

"Then let's make a deal, little angel. You and me" James bent down to his knees until he was face to face with the creature of his dreams. He didn't dare touch her yet. "You for your mothers. I will plead for your Mama to get out of the darkness and save your mom for the same fate. You only have to walk into my room and have a hot beverage with me. That's fair, is it not?"

The majestic being shook her head. At that moment, he saw something flicker in her beautiful eyes. Something that he saw in none other than Jimhaya Hundale herself. This girl was more like her mother than anyone knew. He saw the madness, and the intelligence of her mother in this little girl's eyes. He saw her power, her magic, and her thirst for something he couldn't put his finger on. Phyllis Hundale was her mother's daughter.

Phyllis kept looking in James Hartman's eyes and raised her tiny hands between them. James stiffened and conjured his magic. With a small smile, a smile which she rarely showed, Phyllis touched his cheek as if she were his lover. James opened his mouth and began to chant. He was not allowed to miss his one shot.

The smile of this overwhelming creature was the last thing he saw before the light above his head went out.

-

Jessica POV

"Phyllis" I screamed at the top my head. Everything seemed unreal.

As soon as we found Phyllis missing, I had Zee give me the pendant to cross the shield surrounding James Hartman's barrier and teleported myself in his castle. I ran and ran around, screaming my niece's name over and over again. That bastard wouldn't dare touch a hair on that girl's head. I had no idea how he managed to get her from Zefra's arms. I had gone alone because Zefra was to much in shock to follow.