Little Me

Camila and Lauren were on their way to Turtle Beach Prep in Miami. Their three year old daughter Kayla goes there and the two mums got a call from the prep teacher that Kayla won't come out of one of the cubby houses that were built for the kids. The teacher told them that she has been crying for about 2 hours in there but the little girl won't tell anyone anything.

Kayla is nearly a perfect replica of Lauren but her nose and ears are like Camila's. She even has Lauren's piercing emerald eyes that Camila adores in both girls. It took Camila six weeks to finally persuade Lauren to carry the child. Camila always thought that she would be terrible at carrying the baby but Lauren told her otherwise. In the end Lauren agreed to carry the baby and nine months later on June 3 Kayla Jayne Cabello-Jauregui was born.

The girls finally arrived to the prep and found their way around the little classrooms and found Kayla's room, Room three one six. They opened the bright lime green door and heard their daughter crying. This to any parent is heart breaking but to Lauren this made her cry. Kayla was always favouring Lauren over Camila and Camila didn't mind. Lauren is very protective when it comes to her family.

A few years back before Kayla was born, Camila tripped on the footpath and Lauren ran to her aid and pulled out her emergency first aid kit. Camila wasn't even hurt but she loved the way Lauren always cared for her.

Lauren quickly ran to her daughter's side trying to get her out of the cubby.

"Sweetie please talk to mummy. Mummy wants a hug. Please?"

By this point Camila was comforting Lauren. Lauren seems really tough but is just a big fluffy teddy bear.

"Mummy?"

Kayla whispered to her mother and quickly came out and wrapped her little arms around Laurens neck as she continued to cry into her mother's chest.

"Kayla honey? What's wrong, why are you crying baby?"

Camila was starting to get worried. She had never seen her daughter cry like this before.

"The boys, t-they were say-ying mean things about y-y-you and mum-my"

Kayla hic-cupped through-out speaking to her mum.

"What were they saying honey?"

Lauren removed her daughter's arms from her neck and just held her so she would look at her wife as well.

"They were saying t-that i-it was bad to have two mummies and that i-it is a s-sin. It really h-hurt my feelings and I wanted to cuddle mummy."

Kayla cuddled closer to Lauren and she reciprocated and hugged her daughter tighter afraid she will disappear. Camila turned to her daughter's teacher.

"Did you know about this?"

Camila was starting to get frustrated with everything go on at the moment.

"Yes I did"

The teacher looked down in guilt. This has been going on for a little while but this is this first time the two mothers have heard about this.

"You knew and didn't do anything about it? I doubt this is the first time, is it?"

"No it's not"

Lauren got up and held her daughter tight and Kayla put her arms around her mummy again and moved her head from Laurens chest to the crook of her neck. Lauren step towards Camila and put a calming hand on her shoulder, knowing that just by her touch Camila will calm herself.

"What else have the boys been saying to Kayla?"

Camila was astounded to how calm Lauren was in this situation.

"They said that she will become a D-Y-K-E like her mother's"

The teacher spelt out the curse words because Kayla was present. Camila was horrified to her that three and four year olds were using those words but one the other hand Lauren expected that their daughter would get bullied because she had two mums. But not this soon. This language had to come from the parents of these children.

"I would like to speak to the boys' parents please"

Lauren asked while giving Kayla to her wife and walking towards the front of the class where some of the parents were standing. The teacher pointed to some very posh-looking parents with very refined clothing on. They looked very clean and germ phobic.

"Excuse me? May I talk to you both about a serious matter?"

Lauren thought that it would best to speak in a polite manner because of the way they looked.

"Why the f**k would I want to speak to a d*ke like you. You and your wife should be ashamed of yourselves."

Now Lauren knows where the child gets his language. Not from the father but from the mother.

"So I should be ashamed of happiness? Of true love? Of a family that I love and care about more than myself. If anyone should be ashamed it should be you and your gutter mouth. My daughter is three years old and your son goes and talks about my wife and I like he did today and many time before this. I don't care what you say to me. But do not, and I mean DO NOT bring my wife and child into it!"

Lauren walked off into the classroom and slowly took Kayla from Camila because she was sleeping and walked out of the classroom to the car. Camila is dumbfounded about what she had just experienced. She had never witnessed her wife talk like that until now.

Kayla slowly started to wake-up while Lauren was putting her in her car restraint. Camila was walking to the car as Lauren was just about to get into the right hand side of the car to drive (in Australia we have the driver's seat on the right side). Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren and kissed the back of her neck.

"I love you Lolo"

"I love you too Camz"

"Mummy can we please get some ice-cream please?"

Kayla said dragging on the last please.

"Of course we can honey. We can go to Jolly Olly Ice-Cream on the way home. How does that sound?"

Lauren knows that Jolly Olly Ice-Cream was her daughter's favourite ice-cream parlour.

"YAY! I love you mummy!"

"Hey what about me?"

Camila pretended to be sad.

"I love you too mama"

• I hope this one is ok. I spent all afternoon and just finished. In Australia right now is 9:45pm.