15 - Party🪩

🙋🏻‍♀️ - Areena's POV
🗓️ - October 20, 2022

---

I came downstairs and found Ali sitting on the couch in the hall. He was staring at me, and it felt a bit embarrassing.

"You look gorgeous," he said, complimenting me. I smiled.

"Thank you so much."

"This is for you," he said, handing me a rectangular box.

"What is it?" I asked as I opened it to find a beautiful bracelet inside.

"This is beautiful, but what can I do with it?"

Ali looked at me as if it was obvious. "What do you do with a bracelet, Areena?"

"Yeah, I mean..."

"This is the most important day of your life, dear, so it's my good luck for you. All the best." He smiled warmly.

He was here just to encourage me. Oh, he was so sweet. Sometimes I wondered why I couldn’t fall in love with him when he loved me so much.

Because you still love someone else.

Oh, my inner voice, the most irritating thing in the world.

"You don't like it?" Ali asked, a bit worried.

"No...yes...no...I mean, I love it. Thank you so much." I felt flustered, and he laughed at my stupidity.

"You're nervous," he said.

I nodded, trying to wrap the bracelet around my wrist. He gently took it and fastened it for me with a subtle smile on his face. Mom and Dad arrived, and we bid goodbye to Ali as he was going abroad for his concert. Then, we headed to our destination.

When we reached, the manager led us to a room where I found Mr. Zain Abdullah, the CEO of The Shimmer Pvt. Ltd, waiting for us.

"Assalamualaikum, Mr. Abdul...sorry, Uncle," I said, correcting myself.

He laughed a little. "Walaikum Salam, beta."

I introduced him to my parents, and they greeted each other warmly.

"It's my pleasure to work with your daughter. She is very intelligent and hardworking," Uncle said to my parents, and I felt embarrassed. I was not good at taking compliments.

"All the arrangements are done, and the guests are waiting for our arrival. So, I think we should go," Uncle said.

I nodded, but my heart was pounding, and my stomach was doing somersaults. I had never felt this nervous before. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves. Uncle offered me his hand, and I took it with a smile. It really helped.

We entered the hall together. Cameras flashed everywhere, welcoming us with blinking lights. I covered my nervousness with a smile and walked firmly.

We reached the stage, and someone handed Uncle a microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome all of you here with all my warmth," Uncle said, and everyone cheered. "As you all know, we are here to celebrate our collaboration with the rising company in the market, The Galaxy Star. As its name suggests, the owner of the company is also like a star of the galaxy."