"You know quite a lot about Roger" I said observing they way her face glow up while speaking about him and my guess proved to be right when she blushed at my remark.

"I... I do know him well" she replied shyly.

"Only well? I think you know him better then well..." I tried to tease her but she just laughed and said "I am glad that my lady finally smiled"

"Don't change the subject now. Tell me what's going on between you two? Don't forget we are friends now"

"Indeed we are, Roger wants to marry me. we have been planning for so long" she finally blurted.

"That's great, why haven't you done it up till now?"

"Because Roger is a free man and I was a slave"

"If he is such a good friend of Darian then why haven't he asked him to free you?"

"He wanted to but Darian didn't had the rights then to do so and when he became king.... he has been in such a foul mood after the combat festival that we thought better to wait a year or two instead of ruining our chance forever."

"Oh... but you are now a free woman too"

"Yes. thanks to you"

"Then why are you waiting here? Go tell Roger the good news."

"I wish I could, but he is no where to be found. that's why i thought Darian must have sent him to earth"

"Maybe or maybe not... why don't you go and check that out?"

"I want to but I am afraid to ask Darian, would you ask him?" she asked with such a hope in her eyes that I felt like crying all over again. What an irony that I know the truth but can't tell my only person here who could help me. How should I tell her that her love of life could be in danger too.

Surely Stefan wouldn't leave Darian's friends loose if he wants to take Darian's place.

I am sure he would try to get rid of them as soon as possible or maybe he already did. The thought was enough to make me feel sick but if they are still alive somewhere then they can help me escape and save Darian before its too late.

A plan started taking shape in my mind. I looked up to Victoria who was still looking at me with hope. Before I could say anything someone knocked at the door.

Victoria rushed out to see who there was, while I brushed my hair. She came back running "Queen Shamayal wants to speak to you. She is inviting you for private breakfast with her in her chamber tomorrow morning. Would you like to go?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"I guess not"

"Then I will have breakfast with her"

"Very well then, I shall inform the messenger right away" she said rushing out again.

I stared after her, making up my mind if I should tell her everything or not? Can I trust Victoria? but I have to, she is the only one who could help me. She has lived in Xainsia all her life, she is on Darian's side because of Roger and she has promised to be my friend forever. she is my best bet but I need to test her first. That will decide my fate as well as hers.

When she came back in the room I was already finished dressing up for bed and was sitting on the long couch.

"Do you require anything else?" she asked.

"No. But I am not feeling sleepy right now. would you like to sit and talk to me for a while. if you have to attend to something else then its ok"

"Nay I am free. Being a free woman now my only duty is towards you"

"Great... sit down then"

she hesitated for moment then sat down beside me.

Carefully choosing my words, I began asking her some general questions, faking curiosity.

she answered all of them with enthusiasm. Telling me more about Xainsia and Darian's family.

Then I turned the subject on her and Roger. She willingly told me their plans of marrying and making a house, having children.

Finally I asked her "What if you are unable to marry him?"

"That's not possible. We have been waiting for it for so long. As I am a free woman now nothing can stop us"

"Dose Roger also love you so much?"

"He does"

"What would you do if something happens to him?" I asked looking straight into her eyes. At first she looked taken aback but then she asked "Do you think he is in danger?"

"No... I mean he is a warrior, their lifes are always in danger right?"

"Not with Darian, he won't let anything happen to his friends. Beside that Xainsia has very little enemies."

"But what if Darian is unable to help them? What if he is not there to help them?"

"Its not possible. Darian is more then able to help anyone in need."

"What if he is not?" I asked desperately wanting her to think of Darian as a man who could use some help himself, instead of god who could do anything.

"What are you suggesting lady Jennet? Do you know something I don't?"

"Maybe or maybe not and call me Jennet"

"Please tell me Jennet, what's going on? Is Roger in danger? Should we inform Darian?"

"Nooo... please don't do that" I stopped her immediately as she started getting up.

she was looking at me suspiciously as if i have lost my mind.

"You need to tell me Victoria, what would you do if Roger is in danger?"

"I... I would do anything for him Jennet, please tell me you are just asking all this because of curiosity" she answered catching my hands in hers, desperately hoping for me to tell her everything is fine but I couldn't do that. I had to tell her the truth if I ever want to see Darian and Tanya safe again. I even wanted to see Victoria and Roger living their dream.

"I am sorry Victoria but Roger might be in danger" I said finally and saw the look of complete horror on Victoria's face.

Immediately she got up and started towards the door saying "I should inform Darian"

"Nooo... Victoria listen to me." I said, catching her before she could reach the door "Darian isn't here, he is on earth"

"But he was..."

"That was Stefan not Darian. He kidnapped me and brought me here"

"What?" She asked, unable to believe what she was hearing for a moment before she understood the meaning of and her hand flew to her mouth "Oh my god... what? How? Oh my god. What should I do now? I must inform Shamayal and Julius..."

"No we can't." I said holding her hand before she could move towards the door and said quickly "He would kill my daughter and Darian if I tell anyone..." I told her everything from the night Darian fell on my balcony to the night Stefan tricked me to believe he was Darian.

"Oh my god... what should we do now? He must have killed all Darian's friends up till now" Victoria started crying.

"We don't know that for sure yet but we need to know it because if they are still alive they may need our help"

"You are right but what can we do?" she said wiping her eyes.

"First of all, we need to find Roger and Timothy." I said before laying my plan to her.

Sooo... what you think of this chapter? please let me know your views. If anybody is still reading this story.