16th Chapter

Hey guys... I am sooo sorry for the long delay in updating but here is the new chapter. hope you all like it.

The dinner went on for forever, course after course was being served by young slaves.

I was amazed to see how everyone was busy eating and chatting for hours.

For some time I was bombarded with question after question about my life on earth and how I met Darian. Thankfully Stefan answered many of them on behalf of me, sparing me more lies.

Finally the desert was served and everyone started praising the royal chef.

Although I hardly ate but the food was really delicious I can say.

After some time Darian and Stefan's parents rose from their place to retire for the night, everybody else also stood up in there respect.

Before leaving they hugged me and welcomed me once again in their family. I felt like crying on my helplessness for not being able to tell them the truth.

As they left the table everybody sat down again and started chatting even more louder then before.

Stefan pressed an white handkerchief in my hand, whispering "wipe your eyes" that made me realise that tears was rolling down my cheeks.

I wiped them immediately turning away and heard Stefan ordering Victoria "Take lady Jennet back to her chamber. she is tired"

Victoria caught my arm but didn't say anything until I dried my eyes and turned to her with fake smile.

"Would you like to retire now?" she asked me polity.

"Yes please" I replied to her and once again everybody stood up with me as I got up to leave. Stefan also got up and bent down to place a kiss on my cheeks.

I swallowed my disgust and let him linger for longer then necessary.

"Good girl, remind me to reward you for your good behavior" He whispered in my ears before moving away.

"Good night Darling" I said sweetly for others benefit as everybody was looking at us.

Before he could reply I started toward the exit door with Victoria in tow.

-----*****-----

Once back in Darian's chamber, I slumped down on the bed and started crying. Victoria silently stood by my side till I spent all my tears and wiped my eyes.

"Are you ok lady Jennet?" she asked.

"I told you to call me Jennet" I said walking towards the bathroom.

she followed me there and started helping me to get out of the gown and remove the makeup while saying "I gather you are not happy here"

"You are damn right"

"What is bothering you? Shamayal said you can go back and meet your friends once Stefan is caught"

"I don't know how long that can take" I said thoughtfully.

"Darian will catch him soon I know" she said confidently.

"How?"

"You must know Darian never promises in vain. If he said he will catch Stefan then he will for sure. I believe he already sent his friends on earth to hunt him down, that's why they were not at dinner table"

"You mean Roger and Timothy?"

"The same. They can do anything for Darian. They are best friends. Specially Roger, Darian fought with his father to free him from slavery when they were quite young. Roger would give his life for Darian, he told me once"