11th Chapter

We rented a car and checked-in in a hotel. I didn’t want to involve my family this horrible situation, that’s why I couldn’t go to my sister Reeba’s place.

Once in the room, I plugged-in my mobile for charging and flopped down on the bed. Darien sat beside me and asked “You said we are going to get the curse & pride?”

“We will, just wait till the sunset” I replied closing my eyes and enjoying the comfort of the soft bed after two nights.

“I don’t have time to waste. Now that we know where she is I can’t wait”

“God… Why are you such a pig headed? We can’t go in full light; Tiatan might be looking for us”

“I am not scarred of him”

“I know that but we need to be careful. If he’ll see us going back, he’ll get the idea that your sword is somewhere close by and he will find it, if he already hasn’t” I tried to make him understand and he nodded, so I continued closing my eyes “We will rest till evening here. Okay?”

I didn’t hear his answer but felt the movement beside me, maybe Darien was trying to take some rest too, and I relaxed and fell asleep.

 I woke up by the ringtone of my cell and received the call.

“Hello Mom… where are you?” I heard Tanya’s concerned voice.

“Hey honey, how are you?”

“I am fine mom, where are you? Aunt Reeba and I was so worried about you”

“Why? What happen?”

“Mrs. Patterson called Aunt Reeba, saying our house was on fire after you went out with some guy. We tried calling you but your cell was off. Are you okay?” Tanya spoke in one breath and huffed when finished. Mrs. Patterson was our neighbour and talk about the nosy neighbours.

“I am fine honey, can I speak to Reeba?” I asked, so much for not involving the family.

“Sure, wait I’ll call her…” she said and line went silent for some time before I heard Reeba’s voice “Jennet… where are you?”

“I am fine, I know Mrs. Patterson told you about the fire and all and I am sorry about the phone, I was unable to charge it”

“Where have you been for whole 24hrs? And who was the guy you left the house with?”

“I am in a hotel room”

“Hotel? Why didn’t you come here? We were going to call the police”

“Thank god you didn’t”

“You come home now”

“I can’t”

“Why?”

“Not now, it’s complicated but I will tell you when I come. Can you keep Tanya for few more days?”

“Sure… But at least tell me what are you doing?”

“I can’t… you won’t believe me”

“Try me”

“Okay then I’ll call you in the night, till then can you do me a favour?”

“Sure what is it?”

“Can you search and contact the woman named Chrystal Kay? She is a historian, she has written a blog about a sword name ‘The Curse and Pride’ and she lives in New Marico town” I told her about the writer of the blog I saw at the library.

“You are scarring me Jennet; please tell me you are not in some kind of trouble?”

“I am not… Just help me with this and please don’t tell Tanya”

“Okay I’ll try but I am not promising. It’s difficult to search a person with so less information”

“I know but please try your best”

“I will”

“Okay then… I’ll call you later. Bye” I said disconnected the call as she said bye.

“Who were you talking to?” I heard Darien’s voice and realized he was awake and been listening to my conversation.

“My elder sister Reeba”

“No… Before her?”

“Oh that? My daughter Tanya” I replied smiling.

“You have a daughter? How old is she?” he asked unbelievingly.

“Yes… She will turn seven this year”

“Oh… Is she with your man now?” he asked getting up from the bed and turning away from me.

“Man? What man?”

“Your man, the one with who you had your daughter with” he said still not facing me.

“What? I have no man in my life. Tanya is with my sister right now”

“Why are you lying? I know it is not possible for a woman to get a child without committing with a man” he said sounding annoyed now.

“Geez… I know that. Tanya is my adopted daughter. I didn’t given birth to her” I said and now he turned to face me questioningly raising an eyebrow at me so I explained “Her birth mother was my friend and when she died with her husband in a car accident, I adopted her daughter and raised her as my own”

“Oh…” he said and his expressions soften as he spoke “You were calling somebody honey so I thought you were talking to your lover”

“God… Darien, I was talking to Tanya. I don’t have any lover” I said tiredly.

He smiled wickedly before pulling me into his arms and said “Glad to know that, honey” before claiming my lips, I couldn’t do anything else except, surrendering to him.

I was on the bed, on my back as Darien had pinned me down by his weight. I don’t remember when we reached there until he broke the kiss and looked in my eyes, bracing his hands on either side of my head. I was mesmerized by his deep blue eyes again.

We were both out of breath after that passionate kiss and looked hungrily at each other. He bent little and traced the tip of his tongue on my slightly swollen lower lip and a tingling sensation ran through my overly excited body. He smiled, satisfied by my reaction to his sweet assault.

I tried to pull him closer but he held back and said “I know you want more and believe me I want it too, but first I want you to say it to me”

“What?” I asked hoarsely.

“Say the truth, that you want me as much as I want you. Say you want this to happen now, here and with me only”

“Yes Darien, I want you. I can’t even dream about anyone else, I want this now and only with you” I said it, without even taking any time to think and surprisingly I wasn’t lying.

He left a breath he was holding, making me realize how much he wanted me to love him back, the way he loved me. Yes I have fallen in love with Darien.

Now I pulled him again and he obliged this time by claiming my lips again even more urgently then before as we made love.

Hey guys... what you think about this chapter? do you think I sould write the love scene in detail or this is enough...? Please comment or vote...:-)