dinner drive

Julian hadn't unpacked anything from the beginning of detention, so when it was time to go she didn't have to wait for anything. Jason shoved the notebook he was doodling in into his bag, scrambling to stand up and walk with Julian back outside. He threw his arm over her shoulder, smiling down at her, smirking to himself when Julian looked away from him with a small smile and blush he could see creeping up her cheeks.

"You do know that we still need to talk?" she asked him as they walked up the steps and Jason nodded with a smile.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Jason pulled open the door for her, letting her walk out of the horrid room first. "So when are we gonna do the whole 'talk'?" he asked, putting air-quotes around talk. Julian rolled her eyes at his action, Jason pouting as she pulled herself away from him. "I'm kidding, Jule. When do you want to talk?"

"Tonight would be best; I'm getting lunch with my grandparents. They're treating me to lunch for my first ever detention," she laughed.

Jason sighed, "I wish my dad would think like that."

Her smile fell from her face, looking at him with a sad look. "You'll figure something out with him, Jase." He smiled gratefully at her, opening the door outside, holding it open for her and following. They looked over the edge, seeing Kim walk to her parent's car hearing, them ask what she had done to her hair.

Julian was about to say something about it to Jason when they heard a noise behind them, bringing their attention to the boy following them. "Hey, thanks for that back there."

Jason shook it off, Julian moving to the side so that Billy could walk between them. "No worries, I hate him." Julian snorted, Jason, rolling his eyes at her and Billy looking at her questioningly.

"Oh, hey, Julian." She smiled and nodded at him, walking down with him as Jason had already started down. "So, we should hang out sometime, huh?" Jason stopped, causing the other two to stop and wait for Billy to continue. "Not that we had to, I think tonight we should." Julian raised a brow, looking to Jason for his answer.

"What's your name again?"

"Billy, Billy Cranston," he answered, sticking his hand out for Jason to shake. He laughed, taking his hand to shake. "Or William Cranston. Remember kids used to call me 'Billy Crams-tons." Jason started walking down the steps again, Billy and Julian following him down and Billy continued talking.

"As a third-grade joke like Billy Crams-Tons of crayons in his butt." Julian frowned at the joke, remembering that a lot of kids used to make fun of him because of his diagnosis. "Which I didn't!" Billy exclaimed, trying to defend himself. "But it is really impossible to cram a ton of crayons in your butt." Billy paused, trying to comprehend what he said and then started to backtrack. "No, no, I'm sorry-"

"Okay Billy," Jason started, stopping him from continuing. "I would honestly hang out with you, but I have a date," Julian's eyebrows rose high at his words before realizing that he had leaned down to show Billy his ankle monitor, "every night with the Angel Grove Sheriff's department. So, I am sorry." Jason continued walking down the steps, Billy following him quickly and Julian a few steps behind him.

"Wait! No, no, no," Billy repeated, trying to stop Jason from going. "Don't leave, don't leave. Hey. Alright, so, I don't really expect for us to hang out." Julian's eyebrows rose again, this time from Billy's comment. "Truth is I need to get somewhere tonight, and I could really use your help."

Jason stared at him, "Billy I hear you, but as I told you I have house arrest. There is nothing I can do about it, I'm sorry." Julian sighed, feeling the need to offer herself for Billy's trip if Jason couldn't do it.