school time

The Thursday before Jason came back to school is when things fell apart for Julian. After constantly dodging questions from her classmates and teachers, telling everyone that she really didn't know anything about what Jason had done, Damon had told everyone what he 'knew'.

So basically, Damon had told the whole story of what happened, excluding the parts about how there were other people there. Jason had acted alone and Damon stuck to that.

Julian was pissed, to say the least. Jason is this noble guy decided he wanted to take the fall for everyone when the police knew it wasn't him alone, they just couldn't prove it. Now Damon was walking around saying he knew all the details of Jason's prank and now everyone was saying that Julian and Jason were on the outs because she didn't have any details.

It was a lie, Julian knew everything about that night, but she was going to keep her mouth quiet because she Jason's best friend and that's what best friends did.

She was finishing up at her locker that Friday when Skull slammed the door shut, a great big smirk on his face. "So, Damon said that Jason's a good cow fucker. Can you confirm?" Julian's jaw dropped at his question, unable to respond to it. She stared at him, her mouth hanging open as he smirked at her. Julian Allen was known for quick comebacks, but Skull had finally stumped her. "Cow got your tongue?"

She composed herself a few seconds later, looking at him with a distasteful frown. "Skull, your mom's calling," she said with a frown, "she wants you to stop pretending to be the kid from Toy Story 2."

Julian walked away after that, frown still set on her face as was Skull's smirk. "That was so lame," Julian whispered to herself. She was looking for Damon, who she had a great big bone to pick with now.

Damon was standing by his locker, surrounded by some of his friends when he saw Julian coming. He looked over at her, his face dropping when he saw that she wasn't very happy.

He froze in his speech, his friends looking over at what was making him stop, seeing that it was her. She shoved her way into the group, right in front of Damon. "Listen here, you brat," she said with a shove. He landed on the lockers, looking at her wide eyes. "Keep your mouth shut about Jason, stay the hell away from me and Jason. And I swear to God, that if you ever even think about looking over at us, I will kick you in the balls so hard, your father will feel the pain."

Damon's eyes widened at her threat, but she wasn't done. She slapped him for good measure, leaving a bright red mark on his face and the group of boys who were whistling at the confrontation. There would be no doubt that by Monday she'd have a month's load of detention for the 'physical act of aggression,' but she was done with dealing with shit from this town and Damon was going to take the brunt of it.

She walked out of the school seeing Skull still by her locker and sending him the middle finger as she passed him.

=

Sure enough, when Julian arrived at school that Monday morning, she was brought to the principal's office. She sat down on a chair outside of his office, picking at her nails as she waited for the door to open.

She heard it open, Mrs. Ginsing speaking to someone. "I hope you'll learn your lesson, Mr. Scott," she said. Julian looked up from her hands, seeing Jason come out of the room with a bag on his shoulder. Julian remembered Jason explaining why he had to come to school early and his dad driving him.

"Julian?" Jason asked, looking down at her with a confused look. She also hadn't told him anything about what happened on Friday, nervous about how he would take it.

"You can come in now, Miss. Allen." Julian stood up, hoisting her bag on her shoulder, avoiding Jason's gaze and slipping into the room. Jason's eyes followed her until Mrs. Ginsing stood in his way, a pointed look on her face. "Please get to class, Mr. Scott. You have a lot of catching up to do."