class - jason scott

First Day, Freshmen Year

Amidst the crowd of high schoolers, two fourteen-year-olds stuck to the other's side. It was their first day in the high school and thankfully they had classes together so that they weren't alone in the new school. Any of the upperclassmen around them would have looked at them and chuckled, assuming they were a couple, but they weren't. The two kids were just best friends slightly worried about the new school and what it would do to them.

They weren't completely new to the school, they had both made sports teams and therefore already had friends in school, but being in high school was still nerve wracking. "Up the stairs and to the right, yeah?" Julian asked the boy, who rolled his eyes yet nodded at her.

"Jules, we're almost halfway there anyway, we'll be fine." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder for a quick hug to reassure her. She nodded and smiled at her best friend, whose stomach turned in small knots at it. It should be stated that Jason had a crush on his best friend and had only realized it a few days ago.

"Do we have any other football players in class?" she asked him, stuffing her hands into her pocket to keep them occupied. They were shaking slightly; it always happened when she was nervous.

"Just Frank, what about cheerleaders? Didn't Summer say something about it on Twitter?"

Julian sighed, nodding her head slightly. She wasn't upset that Summer was in her class, nor was she upset about being a cheerleader, she just didn't want to have a crowded class as it made her anxious. "Summer is there, and so is Gio, so I think I'll be okay."

"We're still on for dinner at your house after cheer practice and football, right?"

Julian rolled her eyes, hitting Jason lightly on his shoulder. "Just gotta make sure Grandma can make all that food you need to eat."

I'm really just trying to develop their characters and relationships before we get into the meat of the plot. I'm planning on introducing each of the other rangers in the next chapters, so we'll see them soon! Hope you all enjoyed and if you did please give feedback in either a like or a comment! Thank you all again

- Dani

7.10.17 edited