hallway - zach taylor

Friday, Late September Junior Year

On a Friday night in late September, nothing was worse to Julian Allen then sitting in her last class of the day AP English. Unfortunately, it would be her last class of the day for the rest of the year, so she would have to find a way to not let herself doze in class. It wasn't a boring class by all means, but she always felt out of place in class, English wasn't her best subject and she didn't really consider following it in college. Honestly, she didn't even remember why she signed up for the class in the first place.

Ten minutes passed slowly before the bell rang, letting her out the door and to her locker, where Jason was surely waiting for her. He was her ride home to grab her cheering bag and if she met him early enough, they'd get to spend more time together, so she was walking quicker than normal.

As she was walking down the hallway, a boy slammed into her, sending both of their stuff flying to the floor. The dark haired boy was very flustered, muttering apologies to her as he grabbed his own stuff.

She bent down to get her own stuff when he handed her a black notebook that he assumed was hers. She looked up at him, seeing his red face and feeling bad. It was as much her fault as it was his. "Thank you," she said to him. "I'm sorry for running into you."

He nodded to her, a smile appearing on his face before it fell back to a frown and he hurried away from her, back to his original goal. A hand wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her into their side. It was Jason. "Who was that?" he asked, masking his jealousy as concern for the girl under his arm, he thought he was getting better at hiding his strong feelings, but he wouldn't ask anyone to risk her finding out.

"I think that was Zach Taylor, he's in my gym class," she said to him, smiling at his face that was looking down at her.

I put so much of myself into this chapter, like Julian is me but in a different world with slightly different interests and a very hot best friend that she's gonna be with after they save the world.

7.10.17