"Why didn't you wake us when you got back?" He asked as I reached up, pecking his cheek lightly.

"You guys looked too peaceful. I couldn't bring myself to do it." I said with a small grin as we left the common room, walking down the hallway. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Well I appreciate the sleep. Though the crick in my neck is rather cross with you." She said with amusement, massaging her neck gently. I chuckled, ducking my head.

"I'll keep that in mind for next time."

"Thank goodness." Ginny grinned, though it slid off her face as we entered the Great Hall, adjusting to the bleak atmosphere. We sat down at the far end of the table without a word, beginning to pile food onto our plates as the rest of the school ambled in.

I kept my head down when Thatcher and his friends walked in- But no, they weren't together. Zabini and Nott had walked in, but Thatcher was no where to be found. I wasn't sure what to make of the stutter that went through my heart.

"Are you alright, 'Lecia?" Lavender's voice interrupted me from my thoughts, and quickly I tore my gaze from the pair to smile at Lavender, giving a quick nod.

"Yeah. Sorry. Was thinking for a moment." I said, hurriedly sipping from my glass of orange juice. Lavender's eyebrows raised.

"Looking for tall, dark, and handsome?" She asked, and the orange juice fell out of my mouth and back into the glass as I sputtered.

"What? No- no. Don't be ridiculous." I said, wiping off my chin with a frown. Lavender grinned, obviously pleased with herself as she placed an apple onto her plate.

"I'm just teasing you. Now watch it, you're about to dunk your sleeve into the water pitcher."

-

"As seventh year students, you are all expected to transfigure your rats into chairs within two tries, both safely and efficiently. And no, it does not earn one a good grade if you purposefully leave your chair with ears and a tail." McGonagall said from her desk, hands clasped in front of her. I stared down at my rat glumly, watching as it skittered around its cage on the floor.

"I can't believe we have to use rats." Lavender was saying with distaste from beside me, and I saw Pavarti Patil nod briefly in agreement. I grimaced.

"Better than cats though I suppose. I'd feel much worse if I accidentally injured a cat. Wouldn't you?"

"I personally would feel much better if I didn't have to do transfiguration at all." Lavender said decidedly as she pointed her wand at her rat and said the spell. The rat shuddered, then squeaked, sounding rather put-out. I grimaced before turning to my own, raising my wand when-

"Professor!" Ginny all but charged into the room, looking rather panicked. "Professor we need your help-"

"Miss Weasley, calm down please." McGonagall rose from her desk, eyes sharp behind her glasses. I straightened up, completely forgetting my rat as Ginny shook her head.

"No, please, it's Neville, he's been injured- The Carrows-"

McGonagall looked miserable. "My hands are tied in such matters, Weasley. You know this- I advise you go straight to the infirmary, and see what you can find."

"It's really bad, professor, I don't think-"

"I'll go." I piped up, quickly looking over to McGonagall. "Please- I can help. I need to help."

"Then off with you both." She said quickly, and I didn't hesitate before taking off for the door, following after Ginny. We raced through the halls, and I tried my best to listen as Ginny told me what had happened.