16. calm before the storm

Depuis le début

Keith was currently sat on Lance's lap, spell checking his work, remarking at what Lance had written every now and then.

"He really threw you against the wall?" Keith spat, his voice laced with disgust, Lance just nodded solemnly and buried his face in Keith's back. "Sorry." Keith said and turned around to hug Lance. "It's gonna be okay, I promise." Lance hugged him back. Keith hooked Lance's chin and pulled him up for a kiss. "Chin up sharpshooter." He smirked and kissed him.

"Sharpshooter?" Lance asked, wrapping his arms around Keith.

"Yeah, you know, when you play basketball, you're a sharpshooter." Keith blushed, feeling ridiculous. Lance smirked.

"I like it." He smiled and Keith smiled back, as Lance's stomach rumbled, they both chuckled, and Keith rolled his eyes.

"When was the last time you ate something?" Keith asked his boyfriend, Lance just looked guiltily back at him. "Have you even eaten today?" Again Lance didn't answer. "I'll take that as a no." Lance's stomach growled again, and he smirked.

"I was busy." The Cuban shrugged gesturing to his computer, but his smile faded as Keith jumped off his lap and proceeded to drag him downstairs. "Keith what are yo-"

"Food. Now." Keith ordered, nearly tripping on the bottom step, to which Lance laughed at and Keith gave him a glare in return. Since no one was home, and the McClain house was quiet, a rare occasion, Keith pulled Lance into the kitchen. "Do you have any bread or anything?" Keith asked him.

"I'm gonna need more than a sandwich." Lance chuckled and made his way over to the  fridge. "I think we have some leftovers that we can eat." He pulled out a big bowl and set it down, closing the fridge. Then he got two bowls and set them down. "Have you ever had risotto before?" Keith just shrugged.

"Isn't it like rice or something." He said sitting down at the breakfast bar, looking into the foil covered bowl, as Lance opened it, and split it between the two bowls and handed one to Keith while he ate his own, getting them both a roll of bread to share. Finishing his meal quickly, Lance began to wash up, and soon Keith joined him. Said washing up soon turned into a water/bubble fight, and Lance grabbed his brothers small water pistol from the side and- well let's just say, Keith got soaked.

"Lance McClain, what are you doing?" Came Rosa's voice from the kitchen doorway, her hands full of shopping bags, the two boys froze and heard footsteps run upstairs, presumably Lances younger siblings. Keith looked guilty at the sopping wet floor, while Lance looked at his Mother.

"Sorry, things kind of got out of hand" he chuckled and walked to the cupboard, bringing out two mops and handed one to Keith.

"Well I'd rather this." She tutted, placing her shopping bags on the kitchen counter.

"What do you mean?" Lance asked.

"I'd rather walk in on you two having a water fight, than walk in on you doing something else." Rosa winked and grabbed a towel, Lance and Keith both blushed deep scarlet. After all the water was mopped away, Lance called down Mateo and Maria to help unload the shopping, as Mateo turned on the radio and everyone sang along, even Keith.

When all the shopping was unpacked, Lance and Keith retreated from Lances family and went upstairs, collapsing on Lances bed and sighing at the same time. Keith led on Lances chest and wrapped his arms around the taller of the two.

"Lance, do you ever think about, you know... sex?" Keith said after a while, blushing a little and regretting asking him instantly. Lance was a bit taken aback by the question, but had to admit he'd been thinking the same thing.

"How do you mean?" He asked back, though he knew exactly how he meant, both of them, together, when would they do it and such.

"You know." Keith looked up at him, the blush visible on his cheeks. "When will we have it? If you want to have it, I mean you don't have to which isn't to say that I don't want to, because I do with you, not just with you well yes just with you but-" he sighed "Do you get what I'm saying."

"Kind of. I think we should wait, until the time is right. So that it's perfect, or as perfect as we can make it." He said, his head tilting to the side a little and he smiled at Keith.

"Okay." Keith smiled back and laid back down on Lances chest, his eyes closing, Lance's heartbeat soothing him to sleep.

end of chapter 16

I know I haven't updated in ages, I'm so so so so sorry it's literally been two weeks. I was planing to have this chapter up by Christmas but there's so much family drama going on. Anyway I apologise for the wait. Thank you for being patient. Xx