37) The Problem With Triangles and Hearts

Start from the beginning

Startled I take a step back "PJ? What are you doing here? Wait, how do you know where I live?"

"Google maps," he says this with a completely straight face. "I saw one of your Instagram posts with that particular tree in the background," he points toward the large green tree in the front yard" I researched the tree and found its optimum conditions rate. I did a couple calculations with numbers, graphs and octopuses and here I am," he says with flared hands like I'm supposed to be thrilled by his presence. And I thought I was bad when stalking... I mean investigating on social media.

I eye him suspiciously "I'm kidding Zoe gave me your address so she could pick me up from here."

My heartbeat slows down slightly "That's a relief for a second I thought were checking if I was crazy."

"Don't worry," he says with a reassuring smile "I don't need social media to tell me how loopy you are. You've already proved it in the last few days."

Before I can reply that I'm not that crazy a very annoying sound interrupts me.

My best friend signals her arrival in full-blown Zoe fashion by honking her horn repeatedly.
We both run towards the car to prevent the honking from going on any longer.

"We get it. You're here, you can stop letting the whole world of your location now," I buckle my seat as the car takes off.

"Actually I can't" I look at her in confusion "the horn is broken and goes off at random times. I haven't worked out how to fix it yet," she shrugs and pushes her sunnies down on her nose.

I turn towards PJ who is in the back clinging to the sidebar for dear life. This is definitely his first time riding in her car, "Do you know how to fix cars Mr environmental bad boy? Or are motorbikes more of your jam?"

"They both emit poison carbon emissions that destroy the earth so I try to stay away from them as much as possible. If you were talking about fixing a cycle or a Segway I'm your man."

The car slows down, we got to here quick. I out the window to see a house instead of school. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Turning towards Zoe I give her a curious glare "I thought you said no detours were going to be involved."

"This isn't a detour. It's merely a pit stop."

"At a house?"

"Yes that is where people live I'm fairly sure."

The back door flies open and somebody familiar climbs into the car

"Hey Zoe, what was so serious that we had to talk before school?"

"Your questions will be answered soon young grasshopper but first we have to make another pit stop."

"What are you up to?" I whisper-yell which gains the attention of Charlie.

He looks surprised when he sees me, but that quickly changes as his ears turn pink. What is he thinking about?

He opens and closes his mouth a couple times before deciding it's better shut.

Being the super friendly person that I am, I smile at him before quickly turning back to look at the passing trees.

Zoe stops the car at a familiar house. Yep this is not going to be an easy trip.
"Thanks for agreeing to pick me up-Oh" Sam stops when he sees me in the front seat "Mackenzie! Didn't know you were going to be here."

"You're not the only one" I mutter under my breath.

There are grunts and groans as Sam tried to fit himself in that last available seat in the car.