9)It's Never to Early for Frozen Yoghurt

9) It's Never too Early for Frozen Yoghurt

I enjoy sleep.
My bed and I have a mutual understanding and connection nobody can break.
Our agreement is that as long as it keeps me warm and comfortable and I will never leave it.

Now, when someone tries to tear me away from my bed that is an instant invitation for me to kill them.

When my phone starts to ring I hope it's just my imagination at first. That is until it refuses to stop buzzing, this goes on for a solid 5 minutes.

Apparently, I have received 57 messages and 6 missed calls all from Zoe who was trying to get my attention. For what emergency you may ask. For shopping.

I personally not thrilled to hear her voice at 7:30 in the morning. Especially on a Saturday. Saturdays are the sacred sleep in days that I treasure very deeply.

Reluctantly, against better judgement, I decided to call her back. I'm not greeted with Hello or even a Good morning what I get instead is "You said we would go to the shops some other time, so here I am, " I looked out the window to see a bright yellow jeep parked out the front of my house.

I shake my head, attempting to wake up "When I said another time, I meant maybe after school next week. Not 9 hours later." I get back into my warm bed "It's way too early to go to the shops if you haven't noticed. They don't even open for another 2 hours."

"We can get breakfast. It's on me." She offers, obviously desperate as food bribes are a last resort.

I contemplate for a mere two seconds, easily considering that my bed is way too comfortable to leave but on the other hand, food.

"I'll be down in like an hour or so, I want to be happy for a little bit longer before I have to go outside into, " I cringe at the thought "the real world."

The line cuts off which makes me ecstatic that the conversation was over. Success! A bonus hour in bed!

I close my eyes and throw my doona over my head.

Peace at last.

A disturbing knock comes from the other side of my door.

Before I know it my door flies open and a heavyweight collapses on top of me.

The doona gets ripped away leaving me very annoyed, cold and sleepy. She is seriously going to pay for this later on when I have energy.

"This is your wake up call to reality sweetie," she says too brightly, considering what time is.

Whacking her in the head with my pillow seemed to be the efficient way to express my current hatred for my best friend.

After hitting her for the hundredth time I start to see the flaw in trying to kill Zoe with a pillow. Which so far has been proven to be ineffective.

Grabbing me by the feet she starts to drag me out of my bed until I'm on the cold hard ground.

She starts throwing clothes at me "Put something on. I don't care if you look like a hobo or like you're going to the Prince's ball. I just want to go get pancakes from McDonald's."

"Zoe," raising my eyebrows I look at her "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"If I was taking you on a date we'd be going to Subway hun. I'd even pay for extra avocado, " she tries to wiggle her eyebrow which fails epically as she pulls me off the ground.

"Extra toppings? You sure know the way to a girls heart," I say, finding something semi-sensible for going out in public in.

I choose a pair of loose shorts and a jumper that is way too big for me.