Chapter 7: Forgive and forget

"Newt.." I whispered. I tried to forgive him but all he did was shout at me! Now he's run after me, probably expecting things to be all ok. But it wasn't that way, and our relationship wasn't ok.

"I..I" he spoke slowly, softly. I realised that I felt kind of at ease when he was around.

"What do you want? I try to explain and all you do is push me away! Now you want forgiveness?" I said in a hurt tone.

"I'm..I was just angry. You go kissing Minho 2 days after we...Get together. I was confused."

"I didn't kiss him!" I shouted back "he kissed me! Can't you see that?"

Newt just made an annoyed face, but his eyes showed me that he was sad inside.

"I know you wouldn't do that." He said to me "but I didn't realise that at that moment."

I just sat there and stared at him, waiting for the two words which would maybe make things a little better.

"I-I'm sorry Y/N" he whispered in a meaningful voice. "I really am. I just love you, and I didn't want to lose you. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

My heart melted, seemingly breaking at the same time. His adorable face stared at me with sad eyes. I loved him, and I couldn't lose him either.

"I'm sorry too." I said "I love you too."

He came over and sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. I turned my body around and kissed him softly. He kissed back, but not too hard. 

"Forgive me?" He asked. 

"I forgive you." I said back. We kissed, and he whispered something into my ear. I could feel his warm breath against my ear.

"I love you, babe." I loved him back. I really did. But instead of replying, I just kissed him harder, more passionately. We stayed there for a while, just enjoyed each other's presence.  We knew we had to get back though, before they started worrying about us. We got up and walked back over, his hand entwined in mine. When we got back, everyone was back at work.

"Welcome back, guys" said Alby, acting as if we had been gone for years.

"We weren't away that long, Sheesh." I said.

"Well unless 4 hours is worth nothing to you, then I'm pretty sure you were away a while." Alby replied. 4 hours? It couldn't have been. 

"Well, you guys go get some food and go to bed." Alby said. "Big day of work tommorow." 

Work. Ugh.

Newt and I went in and got some food, before going to bed. I thought about what would happen when we made it out of the Maze. When we would all be safe and happy. Maybe Newt and I could grow old together, have kids. I knew it was a far stretch, but it would be nice if that could happen. Maybe, just one day, we will.

We headed for the Homestead, and I went over to my corner. So much had happened since I'd arrived, but now it was all over. I lay down on my little mattress, Newt coming over to say goodnight.

"Night love" he said to me.

"Good night Newt." I said back.

And I dreamed, dreamed of Newt, and my future with him. I knew that from now on it would be different, but we would be there for each other. And maybe, just maybe, we'd make it out of the Maze. 

One Day we will, I thought.

One Day, we will.

~The end~

A/N Guys, if you liked this story, please comment down below, I'd love to have some feedback. Also, if you have any suggestions, feel free to put them in the comments and maybe I could include them in some of my stories! Thanks for reading!

-TMRfan06