Chapter 6: Friendship dramas

I wake up under my blanket, which Newt had pulled up to my neck. I was tired and could barely remember anything from last night. All I remember was that I was there with Newt.

"Mornin' sunshine" I heard a voice say. Newt.

"I was just thinking about you!" I told him.

"Well you've got plenty of time to think about me," he said "Cuz' today we get the day off. It's our 3rd year in the Glade for some, and it's time to celebrate." 

"Yes!" I exclaimed. Even though I haven't been working very hard lately, I was still up for some free time.

"Come on" he said, a little too excited. I followed him out of the Homestead to Frypan's kitchen. Everyone seemed excited, and I soon found out why. Frypan was serving up pancakes, something that rarely happened. While eating I caught myself staring at Newt. Minho seemed to notice as well, and he punched me wit a Sly smile on his face.

"Shut it, shank" I said to him. It just made him smile more. I couldn't help but laugh as well.  I had only been here for 3 or 4 days, and I already felt like I'd been here forever. And I had a boyfriend. Gee, I must be attractive, I joked to myself.  I finished my pancakes and went out to enjoy the day with Chuck, Minho and Newt. Newt and Minho seemed to be ignoring each other, and I didn't know why. 

After lunch, at around 1:00 pm, Chuck and I were talking about baseball, which seemed a little too light-hearted for the Glade. I could see Newt and Minho off in the distance, talking. I suddenly heard some distant shouts, and looking over at Newt and Minho I realised that the shouts are coming from their direction. A bunch of Gladers now surrounded the shouting boys. Chuck didn't want to be involved, but I definitely wanted to know why my boyfriend and close friend were suddenly arguing. I ran in their direction, the crowd to focused on watching them to notice me coming through to the front, to stop whatever was happening.

"You never spend time with me anymore! It's... It's like I don't exist!" I heard Minho shout.

"You're the one always eying me off and never buggin' talking to me!" Someone argued in a thick British accent.

I ran into the middle them and put my hands out at my side, holding them both away form each other. About time too, because it looked like they were going to start throwing punches.

"STOP!" I screamed. 

"Y/N!" Said Minho, pulling me into a tight hug. It surprised me, and I just stood there. Minho was my friend, but he wasn't usually this... affectionate. I looked up at him to see a Sly look on his face. Then he pulled me close and did something strange..He kissed me, full on the lips. I struggled, not kissing back. I tried to look back at Newt but he was too strong.

"Get..off me!" I shouted in a muffled voice. Minho continued. I was losing my breath.

"Fine then!" Newt shouted, storming off.

'Oh no' I thought to myself. How did this even happen?

Minho finally let go, giving me time to breathe. He smirked over at Newt. I knew that Minho didn't do it because he liked me, he did it to annoy Newt. Sadly, he had succeeded. I decided it was best I ran away before he tried to kiss me again. I ran after Newt, as quickly as I could. I saw him go into the Homestead, so I followed close behind.  I ran through the Homestead door after him, grabbing Newt's shoulder.

"Go away" he said, clearly hurt.

"Newt, that wasn't real, he was just trying to-" I explained

"GO AWAY!" He screamed at me, scaring me. I could see the anger in his eyes.

"Newt I-"

"Leave me alone, Y/N. You've hurt me enough. Just go." I turned and left, running as fast as I could towards the Deadheads. Even when I got there I kept running, hearing the other Gladers shouts before I ran off into the Forest. I was in the middle of the forest next to an old, twisted tree. I stopped, panting and gasping for breath. I sat down and cried. I cried, and cried, and cried. Newt had been mine for 2 days and he was already gone. I loved him, but I knew now that everything had changed. What had the fights even been about? My head was spinning. I couldn't think straight. All I wanted to do was be there with Newt. But he wasn't with me. He was gone. Gone, never to come back. I cried more, feeling pity for myself.

I suddenly heard footsteps and the c racks of a few twigs.

"Who is it?" I called out to them.

"Y/N..." The person said.

I saw a blonde head in the distance. Could it be..?