Chapter 3: Sweet dreams...Or not

I'm running in the Maze, running from what I assumed was a Griever, going by what I had been told about them. I could hear it clicking and clacking behind me, slowly catching up to me. I ran faster than I ever thought I could, throwing everything I had into it. I had to run. I had to make it before the doors closed. I had to....

A thunderous rumble boomed through the previously still air, breaking the tension for just a second. My heart raced and I began to panic as I realised that the doors were closing. I ran faster, pouring every bit of my energy into my legs, forcing myself onward, when suddenly the Glade came into view. I saw Newt's devastated face as I leaped towards the rapidly closing doors. 

I realised I couldn't make it, as Newt started calling my name, over and over....

"Y/N! Y/N! Wake Up!" I heard the familiar soothing British accent of my friend, Newt calling my name, shaking my shoulders. 

"Wake Up!" He shouted. I finally obliged and opened my eyes. 

"Good morning to you too." I said sarcastically. Newt rolled his eyes.

"You're bloody hard to wake up, Y/N. Been shaking you for the past 15 minutes!" He exclaimed. I groaned, but didn't reply.

"Come on." He said, taking my hand and pulling me out of bed. His hard, callused hand enclosed around mine, sending a pleasant chill through my spine. I suddenly felt warmth come over me, as I smiled into his deep Brown eyes. We headed towards Frypan's kitchen, eager to get some food. I took my seat next to Newt, and a bright face appeared opposite me.

"Hey, Chuck!" I said kindly.

 "Hi Y/N" he said back. "What's up?"

"Not much" I said. Suddenly Minho appeared next to Chuck, greeting Newt with a smile, and giving me a small nod of acknowledgement. 

"I'll be off to the Maze soon." He said, almost in a bored tone. "You been havin' fun with your new girlfriend Newtie?" Minho said slyly. I blushed, and so did Newt, but we both gllared at Minho as though saying "Shut up, shuck face". Which is what I felt like saying, but didn't.

Finally, Newt spoke. 

"She's not my girlfriend!" He half shouted.

"Yet." Said Minho, smirking.

Newt just rolled his eyes. "Come on Y/N, let's go." Newt and I left and headed for the fields. Surprisingly, he didn't make me work straight away, we just sat and talked.

"I can't believe everyone's saying we like each other." He said.

"I haven't had anyone say that but Minho." I reply.

"Lucky. 'Bout every buggin'kid in the place has been telling me about it." He said in an annoyed tone. Then he added "But it's just a rumour, we can let it go".  I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

Something burned inside of me, and I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe I was just motivated to stop the rumour, I told myself. But I knew it wasn't that. I think I like him. No, love him. I think I do.

We just stared at each other, when Newt got up and beckons me to follow. I stand up, and he starts walking towards the Deadheads. I follow him closely, happy to be getting a chance to skip work. We arrived at the front of the forest, and went into it to find a spot to sit. Once we did, we both sat down, right next to each other. At first we just stared at each other, but then Newt broke the silence.

"I need to tell you something." He said seriously, something burning in his eyes.