Chapter 1: Welcome to the Glade

Disclaimer: All characters, names and other Maze Runner related things are not mine, they belong to James Dashner. All rights reserved.

I opened my eyes, only to find myself swallowed by a seemingly eternal darkness. I can feel the cold metal beneath me. I soon find that it is all around me as well. As my eyes ajust to the darkness, I can see multiple boxes around me, all of different sizes. I can't remember anything about my past, only smeared faces and distant conversations. The only thing I can think of to do is cry, and I do. I cry and cry and cry.

After what seems like hours, everything finally comes to a stop. I hear a strange grinding noise as a slither of light appears above me, almost blinding me. The slither of light turns into a gaping hole, and soon enough everything is completely lit up. I look up, and see a bunch of teenage boys around me. Suddenly, there's an outburst of noise, and questions are asked. 

"It's a girl!"

"She hot?"

"I call dibs!"

A booking voice shoots through the air, making everyone shut up immediately. One of the boys jumps into the box with me, nearly giving me a heart attack. I start to panic.

"Welcome to the Glade, Greenie. Name's Newt."

I stare at him in stunned silence, looking him up and down. He has sandy blonde hair, and mesmerising Brown eyes that I could stare into for hours. He also seems to have a strong British accent. "He's kinda cute" I think to myself.

"Where am I?" I ask suddenly. Newt just looks at me knowingly. 

"This is the Glade, Greenie. Like I said. Don't ask why we're here, because we don't know. None of us do. All we know is our names. Speaking of which, what's yours?" Newt asks.

"Umm..." I have to think for a while, but then it clicks. "Y/N" I say. Newt stares at me, then speaks.

"Y/N....Nice." he smiles. It makes me feel a little less confused.

Newt stretches out a hand, and I take it. He helps me out of the box, and escorts me to what they call the "Homestead". Everything around me seems different and new. The tall stone walls, the numerous buildings, the small Forest. It's not scary though. That's a first. 

Once inside the Homestead, Newt shows me to an area where I can sleep. He tells me about the Kitchen, the Blood house, the fields, the Deadheads, and everything else, before sending me off to bed.

"Goodnight, love." 'Love,' I think. It makes me feel warm inside. I can't help myself as I drift slowly off to sleep.