Chapter 8 - Christmas

Start from the beginning

He sat at his desk, flipping through the pages of a book he'd filled with potions and spells he and Lily worked together to create in their school years.

During school, there was a deaf child in one of Lily's classes. She felt the intense need to help them, so, Snape aided her in helping create a spell to help them.

The spell would target the teacher or main adult in the room, and write down exactly what they say in the form of proper notes.

After they shared the spell with said student, Lily informed him on how much better his grades were.

Severus dipped his quill into his ink and started to write.

Harry,

I realize it might be difficult for you to take proper notes. Therefore, I will share to you a spell that will take notes for you.

Simply say, "Surdi Exponentia" and your quill will be enchanted.

The spell only lasts for one hour precisely, but you are able to recast it as much as necessary. Being that you have Miss Granger in most of your classes, tell her to inform anyone that I gave you extensive permission to use this spell if they have any questions. This includes Teachers as well as Students.

- S. Snape

When he finished the note, he set it aside to dry as he waited for the third year Gryffindors and Slytherins to start flooding in.

The moment he caught sight of Harry, he motions for him to come over to him, and Harry does, standing in front of his desk.

"Yes sir?"

Snape simply picks the now dried note up and hands it to Harry, who takes it carefully and reads it.

Harry looks up at him for a moment before smiling greatfully. "Thank you sir."

Snape nods curtly, waving Harry back to his seat.

He watched Harry all class, noticing how he watched the quill write, studying every word carefully.

When the class was almost over, Snape went over to Harry and set a note on his desk that simply read, 'Stay after class. We need to talk about something.'

He noticed that as Harry looked at the note and read it, he looked nervous.

Snape shrugged it off and went to his desk, starting on another note to hand to Harry after class.

When class was over, Harry went to his desk.

"Yes sir...?"

Snape simply handed him the note to read.

I will allow you to go to Hogsmeade under one condition. You must have either Draco or Granger with you at all times. It is dangerous out there, especially for you. The Dark Lord has followers out there called Death Eaters. They will kill you. Be careful, stay safe, and remember any defensive spells in case you might need to use them. I will inform both Draco and Granger about the matter.

Harry looks up at him, nodding a bit. "Okay sir.. I promise."

Snape nods with a smile and motions for him to leave.

"Bye dad."

Before Snape could say anything, Harry scurried out the room as he hurried to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

'I cannot believe I just said that! What if he's mad? Oh god I'm so embarrassed!'