The Surprise.

Lukas and I are not even watching the movie my teacher put on. But, she said there's no talking so we're acting like middle schoolers whispering to eachother. Until, she stops the movie.

"Philip, you have an early dismissal." Ms. Jones said.

Early dismissal? Me? First Helen and Gabe told me they would be working late and now they're  picking me up early.

"Are you sure?" I ask very confused.

"They said Philip Shea and that's you." Before I can respond she's talking again.

"They said your dads in the office. But, he said he'll come to your class and pick you up so he should be here any sec-" just as she's about to say that a handsome looking gentleman walks through the door looking around and his eyes stop searching when they get to me.

This guy has dark brown har, a light beard and he's wearing a suit of all things.

"Philip, I'm here to pick you up." He says voice deeper than I expected you to be.

I looked at him so confused. Who the hell is this guy? Why is he pretending to be my dad.

"Who the hell are you?" I say grabbing Lukas' arm getting very uncomfortable.

Ms. Jones looks over at me and suggests we take this into the hallway. She's hesitant about letting Lukas come with us, but he puts up a huge fight. He comes when she tells him to sit down.

"No, I'm coming with him. Who the hell is this guy? He could be a kidnapper." Lukas says as all of us exit the classroom.

"Philip, if you don't know this man we can't let you go with him." Ms. Jones says like she's sad or something.

Well, obviously I'm not going with him. He's a stranger.

"I'm your dad, Philip." The man says looking disappointed and happy at the same time.

I look around at Lukas and he looks just as shocked as me I back up away from the man slowly until I am basically on top of Lukas.

I tug Lukas' hand away and he follows behind me. I just want to leave and I wanna go home. Why didn't Helen and Gabe tell me about this. I'm meeting Lukas' family tomorrow this is horrible timing. Just when everything is going good.

Why didn't my mom let me know about any of this.

"Philip!" The man yells as Lukas and I walk away. He's chasing after us as we make our way over to Lukas' bike and I put my helmet on so quickly.

"Who are you? Where are you taking my son?" I can barely hear the man say from the helmet.

"I'm his boyfriend. I'm taking him home to his parents. Just leave him alone dude." Lukas says putting his helmet on driving off.

I can tell Lukas is really pissed off and I hate that he's mad for me. But, I love him for always putting me before anyone.

He knows I want nothing to do with this man. I was just as shocked as he was when the man who's name I don't even know, face I've never seen before, and he just comes out of no where and tells me he's my dad.

How the hell does he expect me to react with that kind of bombshell thrown on me like that. Shit like this is why kids need two parents in their lives.

So, when they're older they won't have to wonder who they're biological parents are. This shit is seriously messed up.

I can't fucking believe he thought I was gonna go with him. A stranger. No, not at all.

When we get home, we walk up the stairs and into the house I see my social worker, Helen, and Gabe sitting at the table.