Prom?

PHILIP'S POV

I knew Lukas wanted to go to prom. I mean, who wouldn't want to go to senior prom? With Lukas freaking Waldenbeck? Exactly.

But prom is in 2 weeks and I have been in the hospital for about two and a half weeks now and according to the doctors everything is going as planned.

Right now mom is the only one here with me. Lukas is at school, and Helen, and Gabe both are at work.

"Mom." I called

"Yea sweetie." She replied immediately.

"You know, prom is in 2 weeks and I'm still stuck in here, and I know Lukas really wants to go. So, if I'm not out of this hell hole by then I think I'm going to ask him to take another date."

I can't exactly tell what kind of face my mom has but I can tell, it's not a very nice one.

"Honey, you know Lukas will not go to the prom without you."

I nodded at that because I knew that she was right. Lukas wouldn't do that.

"But I don't want him to miss out. I mean everyone deserves to go to prom."

LUKAS' POV

I really didn't want to come to school today. If it were up to me I'd be with Philip all day. Now I'm sitting at the table in the cafeteria at lunch with the twins.

"You know prom is coming up?" John asked but it sounded more like a statement

I nodded.

"Do you think Philip will be out the the hospital by then?"

"I don't know dude, I fucking hope so. He's been doing so well and I know if he isn't able to go he's going to tell me to go without him."

"Will you?" Jack responded.

"No way."

"I haven't even asked him yet."

"Were you planning on it?"

"Yea, but that idea kind of got pushed out of my head considering the whole hospital thing."

"Maybe you should do something different. You know, you should still ask him, even though he's in the hospital. Just make it extra romantic and shit."

I liked that idea, but as John was about to continue he got cut off by Rose.

"Hey Lukas, how's Philip doing?"

"He's wayyyyy better than before, no vomiting for a whole week."

Rose nearly jumped out of her seat from excitement. "That's amazing."

"Yea it is, but I wanted to ask you something I want to ask Philip to prom in like an extra romantic way-"

"Direct quote from me." Jack said

Rose elbowed him. "Shhh, J, continue Lukas."

"Do you have any ideas on how I should ask him?"

"Of course I do." Rose said squealing.

PHILIP'S POV
"Did he ask you to prom yet?" Mom asked.

I didn't really need for Lukas to ask me to prom because I had just assumed we'll be going together, I don't need Lukas to go above and beyond.

"No, he doesn't need to. I wish I could just leave and forget all this ever happened."

"You'll get better, very, very soon." Mom said looking down.