Chapter 59- Sacrifices

Start from the beginning

                His heart clenched. The ritual was returning the original state of her body and features: the red hair and breathtaking, enthusiastic, and buoyant green eyes he adored so much. When he glanced at Demetri and Allegra, they had also regained their respective colours.

                Light pink, the flow of blood, coloured their cheeks, granting a false sense of happiness.

                Artemis grinned at him, her emerald green eyes full of youthful vivacity and love. Her bright red hair embraced her figure, and gradually, she began to degenerate.

                He clenched his fists, raising his voice. If he would not do it then, the chance would be missed forever. “I love you, Artemis.”  Artemis chuckled, a blurred sound that was melodious to his ears, like the rippling of water in a still lake.

                Her reply came only to his ears in a faded whisper. “I love you too.”

                Xerxes and Cornelia held hands, facing the star with five dissolving figures. Behind them stood Alexei and Losse, shoulder by shoulder, their attention upon the five. A silent Ariadne Ellery watched the procession with a blank smile, thinking of her brother. She wondered quietly if she should have stepped forward, but was promptly snapped out of her thoughts by a pat on her shoulder. She blinked, cocking her head to the side. Farther away, Cytheria and Marklen knelt to the sacrifices. Cytheria cried to herself over her former love’s loss. Alexei would never have Artemis.

                “Don’t think that way,” Losse whispered, a generous smile curving his lips. “You’re stuck with me, Ariadne.”

                “Of course, Master,” she grinned for the first time since her brother’s unfortunate demise. Losse and she had both lost the ones they held dearest- they shared a bond which was everlasting. Her chest pricked. The pain would never numb for either of them, but they would ease it for one another.

                “Goodbye!” Rosy’s tiny voice pierced the atmosphere, emitting positive warmth into every soul, almost making the Underworld’s heat unnoticeable. “We love you!”

                The individual pillars converged into one, carrying each sacrifice towards a central point that hovered above the still form of the supernatural being. A mark of stars appeared upon the ground where He lay, and just for a moment, Rosy wondered if she had imagined the amused twinkle in His red eyes- a twinkle of mirth.

                A monotonous drone sounded in their ears, signalling a resolution while they watched His body being lifted and engulfed with white light.

                It was finally over.

                -

File 21: Year 191 (end) - 192, Dresnern Century.

                21- I

The Bahamut was extracted from Ciceron Isaura’s son, Elite Alexei Isaura.

                21- V

                Gathered.

                21- X

                A storm will pass, unbeknownst to the immense Tytanian people. Though the facts shall remain hidden from the day the heroes succeed, their legacy will be everlasting in Tytania’s earth and skies. The participants are as such:

                Vesta Nyel – Queen

                Alexei Isaura – Former vessel of the mighty Bahamut

                Artemis Delara – Outlawed, former criminal 

                Demetri Lyte – Highest Mage, Noble

                Allegra Lyte – Noble

                Arisa Rains – One of two remaining of necromantic blood

                Irma Tahryn – Tahryn child, early ageing

                Losse Armont – One of two remaining of necromantic blood

                Cytheria Terre – Her Majesty Queen Vesta’s trusted knight and lady

                Marklen Serte – Her Majesty Queen Vesta’s trusted knight

                Ariadne Ellery – One of two of elite Ellery bloodline

                Oakser Ellery – One of two of elite Ellery bloodline

                Cornelia Uney – Former Queen, returned

                Xerxes Ruere – His Majesty the King (Former), returned

                Beatrice Exedras – Former Queen, first royal dynasty, returned

                Fortuna Exedras – Former Queen, first royal dynasty, returned

                Euphrosyne Rains – Vessel of the Devil’s Tear

                May these souls be forever known for that which will pass: a journey to His abode and the defeaters of Him, the Devil.  

                Though the journey has not begun of this moment, I, Demetri Lyte, am in full certainty that those listed above will be triumphant.

Record by:

Demetri Lyte

For these are the last words I write,

                Farewell.