Part 1

Different languages - Korean : English : Chinese : Thai : Japanese

"Y/N, wake up or you will be late for school," My aunt yelled from downstairs. I slowly rolled over only to find myself falling onto the floor. 

"Ouch," I grimaced, rubbing my back and standing up slowly. Checking my clock I realised that it was already 7:50. School started at 8:20 and I had to leave an extra 15 mins to walk there.

I got changed in to my uniform (outfit above) and ran downstairs, almost dying about 10 times. Waiting for me was a note stuck underneath a plate of pancakes:

Hi Y/N
I have gone out early because I have a meeting with a very important investor. I made pancakes to make up for my sudden disappearance. Make sure you take the keys and lock the door.
Love your favourite aunt

Unconsciously, I started smiling as I was reading the note. My aunt loves me a lot but she is a work-a-holic. Quickly, I ate my pancakes and grabbed my bag. With my headphones in, I walked to school while listening to some american music.

*****

As soon as I walked into the school gates people started staring at me. That has happened all year but I'm still not sure why they stare. I started to feel self conscious so I made my way to class as quickly as possible. I arrived it was 8:18, thank god I wasn't late. I sat down in my seat and waited for the teacher to arrive.

The teacher came in and took the role as usual. I was looking out the window when Mrs Lee spoke, "Today class we will have 5 new students." I was surprised as I was in the top English class and it was very hard to get in. "Come in now," Mrs Lee said as she opened the door and beckoned for the new students to come inside. When they stepped through the doorway all the girls in the class started to yell like banshees. I caught a few words and managed to figure out that the new students were idols.

Mrs Lee ordered the class to be quiet and motioned for the new students to introduce themselves in English. The tall one with dimples stepped forward first,

"Hello everyone, my name is Namjoon but my nickname is rap monster. Please take care me". 

His english was good but he still had a bit of an accent so I assumed he learnt in Korea.
Next was the skinny one, 

"Hello my name is Bambam. My real name is in Thai so I don't expect you to be able to pronounce it". 

His English was good too and he was Thai! I will be able to speak to him in his first language.
The quiet and cute one stepped forward after, 

"Hello everyone, my name is Mark and I'm from LA." 

His English was fluent but that was expected because he lived in LA. The next boy was Eurasian so I was sure his English would be good, 

"Hi guys, my name is Vernon. I was born in New York," He spoke liked he was rapping but surprisingly he had a very slight accent. Finally we were on to the last person,

" Hello everyone my name is Joshua, I am also from LA". As expected, his English sounded just as good as Mark's.

Finally we were done with the introductions. I let my thoughts wander when suddenly I heard my name. 

"Namjoon please sit next to Y/N," asked Mrs Lee. I sighed at the though of having to talk to somebody. As he sat down I noticed that we were both receiving glares from all the boys and girls. As usual I just ignored it.

I tried my best to show my new seat partner that I didn't want to talk and I think he got the hint. Class was boring as English was easy for me. I did live in Australia for 8 years after all.

*****

"You are dismissed," said Mrs Lee as the class practically ran out the door. I was picking up my bag when I heard a voice from behind me. 

"Hey Y/N do you want to sit with my group in the cafeteria." I turned around to see Namjoon staring at me with a pleading look. 

"Okay," I said because who could turn him down.

On the way to the cafeteria, Namjoon and I talked about how he was a kpop idol. Apparently his group, BTS, was pretty famous judging by how surprised he was when I didn't know them. Once we entered the cafeteria Namjoon led me to a table with 6 other guys sitting there. They seemed to be in the middle of an argument and it took them a little while to notice us standing there.

When all the boys fell quiet Namjoon motioned for me to introduce my self. 

"Um...hi I'm Y/N," I said, inwardly scolding myself for making a bad impression. Meanwhile the boys all just stared at me. It was getting awkward so Namjoon introduced everyone. 

"That's Jin," a handsome boy who shamelessly blew me a kiss. 

"That's Yoongi," a boy who look quite intimidating until he gave a gummy smile.

"That's Hoseok," an energetic boy with joy in his eyes. 

"That's Jimin," a cute boy who seemed to be only a bit taller than me.

"That's V," a boy who was daydreaming while staring out the window.

"And that's Jungkook," a boy who I think was so nervous he couldn't look me in the eyes.

I sat at the end of the table next to Namjoon and Hobi. Immediately Hobi started to talk to me and make jokes and I started to feel more comfortable. By the time break was over I felt like I had made 7 new friends.

*****

After I grabbed my bag from my locker I started to head home. I was rapping to a HyunA song when I felt a tap on my shoulder. A middle aged man dressed in a smart suit started to talk. 

"Hello I am a representative from JYP and we would like you to audition," he explained, "The auditions are tomorrow at 10 o'clock at the JYP building." Then he walked off without another word.

Well then, that was sudden. Is that really how that works?

Thoughts were spinning through my head. I had always wanted to be an idol and this was a perfect opportunity. As I finished walking home I made my decision. I was going to audition.

*****
Author: How was my first chapter? Please comment any improvements you have. I would love feedback.

Life of a Kpop Idol (BTS, EXO, GOT7, SVT)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara