Practice at the Park

*****After School*****

After meeting Jen at lunch and thinking about my decision I came to decide that I would play goalie for the soccer team. She said they had already went to other tournaments but their goalie dropped out before the state championship tournament. All I had to do was go to practice and come prepared. And not suck. I invited Jen over to my house to do our homework.

I opened the door to my house and yelled,

"I'm home!"

"No need to yell, we heard you from halfway across the city," Drew yelled back, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Brothers," I muttered to myself. Jen just laughed.

*************************

After finishing our homework we headed out to the park. I had my cleats and gloves on so I hopped in net. I could use a little extra practice before trying out for the school team. I tossed Jen the ball and she dribbled down the field. She dangled then shot. I just recovered from her dangle and then threw myself in the direction of her shot. It landed right in my hands. I smiled to myself, I still had it.

"Holy Sh*t Ally! That was my best move and you saved it! We are going to kick a** this year with you!" she exclaimed jumping up and down clearly excited.

"Jeepers, simmer down my child, and thank you," I replied shocked at her outburst. She just laughed. I laughed with her.

"Alright, let's go again. I'm going to pull my best tricks and see how you do." she said backing up with the ball.

After that I was hit with a series of soccer balls coming my way with amazing moves put on 'em. She was insanely good. But she didn't put any in.

*************************

After spending a few hours at the park we headed to the local recreation center and hit the gym.

"Man, I love this gym, it's connected to the United Center, hey! We should see a game sometime eh? Yah! We'll have to go shopping and buy you some merchandise..." she kept going on and on. She talks a lot, but I'm used to it.

I climbed on the treadmill and started to run, slowly increasing my speed. Jen was lifting weights. Just when we started "Hall of Fame" on the stereo, three guys walked in. They all started using the bikes without a word, backs turned Jen and I. I just looked at Jen and raised my eyebrows, as if to say what was that all about? She furrowed her brows at me. I guess in this state, people aren't as friendly as they were in Canada.

"You ready to go Al?" Jen asked.

"Yeah, so is practice tomorrow?" I replied.

"Yah, bring your cleats and gloves, play like you did today and your guaranteed a spot."

This seems like a good start to my last year of school.