First Day, First Friend

*Ally's P.O.V.*

Simmer down, simmer down, they say we're too young now to amount to anything else, but look around, we've worked too damn hard for this, just to give it up now, if you don't swim, you'll drown, but don't move, honey.

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock, it was six in the morning; too early to be awaken by Five Seconds of Summer for school.

After moving here from the cold parts of Canada, Chicago was a big difference. No more ice hockey with my brother. No more sledding with my friends. No more snowboarding with my family. Now just hitting the beach, catching some waves, getting a tan and skateboarding. What a change.

"Time to get ready Ally!" my brother Adam yelled to me.

"I know, I know!" I screamed back.

Adam was sleeping on the couch until we could buy a bed for our room. Yes, OUR room. We have to share. We've been sharing rooms since our mother had us. Adam is two months younger than me, and Drew, our youngest brother, is two years younger than us.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I grabbed an outfit for the first day of school. It wasn't actually the first for everyone else, it's actually just the start of the second semester.

I needed to make a good impression on my first day of school. Not only to my peers but also my teachers considering at my old school, if you got one bad grade you were labeled for life. I could only hope that the sports teams would accept as well.

We lived in a very central area, where we could walk or take the bus to the mall or the beach. Our house was pretty small, with three small bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and living area, it might sound big but it's really not.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some breakfast, sitting beside Adam and across from Drew.

"Ready for your first day of school?" my mom asked us walking in.

"Absolutely not," Adam replied bluntly for all of us.

"Well, whether you're ready or not I don't expect to get a phone call from the school telling me my daughter," she turned to me, "has been expelled from school on her first day, understand?"

I nodded my head looking down, what happened at my old school was the past and it's now the present, so no more of that.

"Let's go Ally," Adam said hoarsely. He was really nervous, he got bullied at our old school. One of the main reasons why we moved. Another was my mom was looking for a job here, she found one but she would nearly never be home.

Drew and Adam looked a lot alike, while I look like my mom. They both look good today. Nice outfits and they did their hair, which was a first. I don't think Adam dressed up since he was eleven years old, and he's seventeen now. Although Drew dressed up more often, when he was thirteen was the last time he did and he's fifteen now.

********************

Adam walked beside me with Drew trailing behind us as we entered the office, prepared for our first day at this school. I walked up to secretary and said,

"Excuse me? I'm Ally and these are my brothers, Adam and Drew, this our first day here."

She looked up and without a word to us, she dialed a number on the phone and spoke into it. I could only catch little bits of it.

"Three kids... Ally... Adam... New... Yes...Drew... Trouble... Come Out."

She hung up the phone and a tall, chubby man walked out of the office. He was balding with glasses around his neck, he was about five feet tall and he had to weigh at least one hundred and fifty pounds. He was wearing a suit and tie. He cleared his deep voice,

"Welcome to Illinois High School, we trust you will meet our expectations and stay out of trouble," during the last phrase he looked at me," despite popular belief we assume you will not cause any disruption during school and free hours, isn't that right Miss Cooper?"

"Yes, Sir," I replied pursing my lips, I didn't know he had known about my shenanigans at my old school.

"Very well than, here are your schedules, locker combinations and numbers, you may proceed to class," he said then swiftly left the room.

**ring**ring**ring**

The bell rang signaling for us to head to our lockers.

"What do you have?" Adam asked.

I checked my schedule, "Social studies, what about you?"

"Math, I guess I'll see you later, bye," he replied than scurried off.

*******************

"Alright class, you have a new student to start the semester, Allyson Cooper. Welcome to class, now please take a seat next to Jen," the social studies teacher announced.

I walked down the aisle with my books in my arms and sat next to Jen.

"Alright class, we will be watching a short clip about...." The teacher faded away, myself no longer listening.

"Hey, I'm Jennifer but you can call me Jen," the girl next to whispered.

"Hi, I'm Allyson but you can call me Ally," I replied in a low voice.

"Do you play any sports?" she inquired.

"Yes, quite few actually, why?"

"The team is looking for a new goalie, for soccer. Would you be interested?"

I thought for a minute before replying, "Yeah, I would, for the school team?"

She nodded in reply.

"Okay, cool, when are tryouts?" I asked, glancing at the teacher to make sure he was looking, he was. Jen looked at me then slipped me a note.

Meet me for lunch and we'll talk more, maybe I can show you around a bit and we can work on homework.

I looked at her and nodded, looks like I have a new friend.

Authors Note- Check out my pictures, should have at least one every chapter.