Chapter 40 - Homesick

Start from the beginning

"You don't go biting anyone Kalika Rose," Micah says gently but firmly. Kali glances at Rosy with teary eyes, pursed lips and wobbly chin, hitches in a shaky breath then buries her face in the crook of Micah's neck with loud hiccuping sobs.

"Dadda Bubba, Dadda Bubba!" Kali wails loudly.

"I'll be over at the Quarters," Rosy evenly before turning and walking away in the direction of the Quarters.

I take in Micah's worried glace after Rosy, hesitate for a moment and then turn to follow her. I know he will settle Kali down for a nap or for a play with Cameron before he comes to see Rosy. The time between our arrival and that of the Dorringtons

had been too short for any real discussion between Rosy and Micah and I know he will want to talk to her about why she had decided to come here today.

I find Rosy in the kitchen of the quarters helping herself to a bottle of cold water from the fridge, she gives me a half smile before moving to the lounge room where Timny, Chris, Justin and Donny are seated on the floor with Dacey and Wynn while Terry is propped up on the lounge.

"What are you guys up to?" I ask as I walk back into the lounge room with my own bottle of cold water. Truthfully I had forgotten that the boys had came with us this morning and force a smile as my gaze flicks from boy to boy.

"We're having oranges," Dacey says with a bright grin as he holds orange segments up in both hands.

" Timny showed me how to peel mine!" Terry exclaims in excitement. "I didn't need no help!"

"Good for you!" I praise Terry with a broad grin.

"I'm going to go have a shower and then a bit of a nap," Rosy says. I glance her way and receive a slight frown from her. She had tried to avoid touching me since she had a shower this morning before we left the Homestead but something inside me just keeps pushing me to leave my scent on her skin. I know Micah and Rosy are trying to rebuild their relationship but I need to keep reminding her I am still around.

"Steven look!" Dacey claims my attention. I grin as I turn back towards the boys and move to where they are eating their fruit. Wynn frowns as he leans to the side to look past me where his mother has no doubt disappeared from sight

"S'eep," Wynn lisps and a rueful grin pulled at the corners of my mouth.

"There wasn't any trouble?" Justin asks. A discussion starts between me and the other toms, they bring me up to date on what has been happening on these dreaded visits from the Dorringtons.

I can no longer hear the shower when I get to my feet and go to check on Rosy, my footsteps are almost silent as I walk along the sleep out glancing into rooms as I go. I find her in the room Micah and I used to use. She is stretched out on his bed, her head on one corner of a pillow, the rest of it angled in front of her face. She stirs slightly and lifts her head, her damp fringe falls forward and she lifts the arm that had been holding to pillow to her to run her fingers through her hair and push it back off her face as she looks my way.

I can't help the hungry way my eyes trace over the large t-shirt that cling to the swell of her full breasts, the indent of her waist and the curve up over her hips. The neck of the shirt that has slipped off her upper shoulder leaving bare her silky smooth skin exposed to my view and I glance at that skin before looking to where her long toned legs show beneath the hem of the t-shirt. Those delicate looking toes curl and I glance at her face as a low growl rumbles from her.

"Is there anything you need?" I hate the words as they leave my lips. I don't need to hear her denial, that intense guarded look deep in her eyes reminds me it isn't me she is waiting for. I catch myself rubbing at the centre of my chest as if to ease a physical pain, her gaze flicks to the movement and she lowers her head back to the pillow silently before closing her eyes. I turn away and head outside, I can feel the restless stirring of my inner cat. He demands that I go back in there and leave my scent all over Rosy if Micah's scent isn't on her. The rich, ripe smell of her heavily pregnant body calls demanding it is made clear to anyone who may come across her that she is guarded and protected in her vulnerable state.