Chapter Four - Shock

A/N sorry for not upsating but I'm in the middle of exams so I'm revising a lot. Its a bit short and not edited but enjoy.

I sat next to the Hunter watching her face change through emotions. Anger passed through her eyes but she slowly calmed down relaxing her pose best she could. Her lips were still tightly pursed like she was trying her best to stop vicious words spilling off her tongue.

I sat feeling smug, Oak finished registering us and the class quickly emptied as we headed to our first lesson, I took my time getting up from my desk, I wanted too see if the Hunter was intending to follow me or if she was content with letting me go and watching me from afar. She too took her time with leaving the classroom.

I headed out into the bus hallways quickly moving through the herds of people, every so often flicking glance backward to see if I was being followed. Sure enough there was the Hunter trying to weave through the crowds the same way I did.

She was failing to do so.

She was new, people wanted to know about her, she got stopped by some people asking her name. Boys saw a new girl to flirt with and girls saw a new girl to be jealous of.

I, on the other hand, was the freak girl.

Ignored by many and feared by others. I could move into shadows and be invisible for the most of the day or easily shake off any pathetic attempts to hurt me.

Let's be honest people like Stacey may say horrible things to me but she wasn't stupid enough to fight with me.

I was a Demon, if I wasn't pulling people in my web with my skill I was making them feel uneasy or on edge being near me.

I was a master puppeteer and they were my puppets.

I tugged on their strings moving them towards me and away from me.

Most of the time away.

So I easily got through the in my

first class at the back of the room away from the rest of the class and happy to suffer in my own little world.

Of course this would happen if the stupid girl Hunter hadn't of walked into the same classroom as me looking slightly flustered. Her eyes frantically scanned the room before landing one me. I saw her tense shoulders relaxed slightly, as she had found what she had lost.

For a Hunter she wasn't very subtle with her plan to follow me.

Nor was she very subtle with covering up the hatred that burned in her eyes when she first looked at me.

I gave her a toothy grin making sure that my fangs were slightly visible. I was expecting her to be shocked at my open display of my Demon being but she wasn't.

I was the one who was shocked.

A boy came in behind her resting a hand on her shoulder and rubbing his thumb against her skin.

He was tall, like her, almost exactly lik her. I looked at his blue eyes and his dark brown hair. Twins.

So there were three of them? How wonderful.

But the number of them hadn't shocked me.

What shocked me was that when the boy followed his sisters eye line and saw me he did the most peculiar thing, he smiled.

A friendly smile.

For a moment I presumed that he needed to burp and was doing what babies do and smiling when actually they need to release wind, but when he didn't release any gas and continued to smile I nearly stabbed myself in the eye with my pen.

My teacher walked in sliding through the door. Miss Ling was our history teacher and was a short petite chinese woman with long black silky hair, she gave them Hunters a small smile and headed to her desk. I was waiting for an introduction but they both just took seats. The girl took one a few seats infront of me and I guessed the boy would sit next to her.

He didn't.

Instead he walked along and sat down next to me putting his black back pack down on the grey floor.

I gave him a horrified stare.

Everyone in the classroom turned and gave him a horrified glance.

"Hi I'm Noah" he said and extended his large hand out to me. He had two rings on his fingers that were dark black and engraved with runes. He quickly ran his other hand through his shaggy brown hair moving his fringe from his face.

His hand was suspended in the air before he slowly dropped it. He gave me a lopsided grin.

"This is the part where you say what your name is" he whispered and winked his shiny blue eye.

I still stared at him looking completely horrified.

What was he doing? Did he not realise I was a Demon?

"Oh, not much of talker, that's okay, we'll get around it" the boy said.

It was then it hit me.

He was obviously a little stupid and lacking the usual senses of an ordinary person, perhaps he just didn't have a brain? It would explain a lot. Especially the silly grin on his face.

I dropped my horrified expression and nodded my head.

"Why are you nodding?" He asked.

I turned and looked at him.

"Because you're stupid" I replied. I expected him to look annoyed like his sister was when I was rude to her but he didn't. Instead he smiled at me and let out a little chuckle.

He was obviously weird.