Chapter Two - Halo

A/N comment on what you think...

"Coral! Get up!" A voice shouted up the stairs.

It was Ava, the white witch that had adopted me. For some bizarre reason she had decided to call me Coral as it means "fate" and she is certain I was kept alive by fate.

I personally think Fate is a bunch of bullshit and it can fuck off for all I care.

I let out an unhuman growl and pulled the blue pillow over my head.

"Coral!!" Ava called again. I ignored her voice until the pillow was ripped off my head by an oversized black cat.

"Axel!" I shouted at the black thing. It wasn't much of a cat, it was the size of the a small dog with freakish one green and one blue eye and a tattered ear where it liked to fight with... well anything really.

Instead of bringing in mice he brought in squirrels and instead of little birds we got hawks.

And one time he brought in a neighbours chihuahua needless to say that didn't go down well. So I watched as the murderous blood thirsty creature tore my pillow to shreds.

"Thanks Axel, thanks" I said to him and sat up, he looked up at me tilted his head. He was a bastard of a cat but I loved him none the less.

"Coral Inka Vine get your lazy ass out of bed!" Ava said and barged into my little room.

Her white blonde hair was hanging down her pasty face and her light blue eyes were tinged red around the iris to show how angry she was getting.

She was in her typical black flowing skirt that was glittery and a black jumper that was rolled up at the sleeves. For a white witch, Ava rarely wore white.

"Yeah I'm up!" I said. She narrowed her eyes at me, her white eyebrows almost meeting in the middle where she was frowning.

"Don't get rude with me missy!" She said and pointed her long white finger at me. I arched an eyebrow, deciding that sitting up on bed did not count as getting up, Ava stormed across my room and ripped open my grey curtains letting in a stream of golden beams which made me hiss and cover my eyes.

"Up and out of bed! You will not be late for school again!" She shouted and slammed my wooden door shut making me shelves shake a little. I watched the line of tattered books wobble and one fell off the edge and landed on my frayed blue carpet with a thump.

I looked at Axel who was uninterested with Ava's little drama display and perched himself on my windowsill giving me a funny look.

"Your bloody lucky you don't have to go to school" I said to him.

He tilted his head at me before starting his morning clean of his paws.

God I need to stop talking to the cat.

I had rolled out of bed and chucked on my black skinny jeans and a baggy black and grey jumper. I headed over to my mirror and looked at my complexion. I wasn't pale like Ava but my skin lacked colour and it was highlighted by my jet black hair. I tied it back from my face letting my fringe fall slightly over one of my eyes. I applied a little mascara just to make myself look a little more presentable.

My eyes stood out on my face, they were a dark brown, so dark they could of be classsfied as black. They were the part of me I hated the most.

If I lost my temper which I tried very hard not too do they changed to a deep red colour revealing the demon side of me.

The disgusting, vile, twisted side of me.

I plugged my headphones in and skulked off to school giving Ava a sombre goodbye.