Hidden Feelings - Logan x̶ Thomas

Start from the beginning

That thought in mind he managed to get a few hours of sleep before being woken up by Pattons morning wake up. He did it everyday to get the sides ready for another "great" day. Logan's days haven't been great in months...

He tried to move but felt his throat tickle, holding a hand over his mouth he coughed violently into it. Something hit his hand, thinking it was mucus he was shocked to find a crimson red petal in his hand instead.

(hanahaki disease - I recommend googling it if you do not know it)

Slowly sitting up he shook his hand, letting the petal drop to the floor. Not knowing what the hell just happened - which terrifies him - he grabbed his phone and quickly searched for any kind of information he could find.

"hanahaki disease?" He muttered, delving in further to find more information about said "disease".

In the end Logan's phone was on the floor and he was curled up under his blanket, coughing up a few more petals. What he found made his heart sink into his stomach - figuratively.

The disease he has-

(Its fictional - can't get it in real life but this is a story soooo)

-can only be cured in two ways, surgery - but the surgery has its own side affects, he wouldn't feel any emotions again, which doesn't sound too bad right about now, and the other cure was for his love to be returned.

Neither was happening because he couldn't get surgery - due to him being a part of Thomas's personality - and Thomas would never feel the same way to Logan.

Curling in on himself more he expected to hear a knock on his door and the soft voice of Patton.

"Logan? You okay?"

"Yes" Logan replied bluntly, forcing back a cough. "You sure? Wanna come out and have breakfast?"

Logan sighed, "Patton I must admit I did not get much sleep last night - I will gratefully appreciate if I could sleep in for a few more hours. Please" he added, making sure to sound as tired and pleading as possible.

"Oh, sure! Why didn't you say so? Once you are fully energised come to me and I'll make you some brunch! Have a good sleep, Logan!"

He cared so much...

Poking his head up from the blanket he laid it on the feather pillow, listening to the retreating footsteps of Patton before coughing up a few more petals once more. Tossing the petals from his face they slowly glided down and landed on the blanket covering his body, soon enough petals surrounded him, all as bright as they looked the instant they shot out from Logan's mouth. 

Laying in bed all day Logan had no energy to move, literally, he wasn't over exaggerating - he seriously couldn't move. He felt like he ran ten miles even if he hadn't moved all day.

Apart from when he coughed. Could that be taking all his energy?

It took him five minutes to roll onto his other side, looking at a picture set on his bedside table. His arm moved snail pace to the picture frame, balancing it on his hand as he didn't trust his grip he placed it on his chest, looking at the picture of him and Thomas.

He and Thomas were both smiling happily, arms wrapped around each other's shoulders. Logan remembered that day and smiled happily, weakly hugging the picture to his chest.

"I..." he coughed into his hand, one petal flying out and landing on top of the frame. "I love you, Thomas" he mumbled, his eyes finally closing.

The sides didn't check in on Logan for a few days, they all trusted him to not do anything stupid, and Patton said he could be a little sick or just really tired.

But, the sides regretted never checking in on Logan when one morning a new Logic appeared.

"Greetings. I am Logic" he spoke, adjusting his tie. Patton shot up, scanning him over, spluttering for a coherent sentence.

"What?...Logan?"

Logic turned to Roman, "was that your old Logic? I am terribly sorry for your loss" the three sides glanced at each other.

"Logan!" Patton yelled, disappearing to his room. Roman and Virgil followed quickly, leaving a confused Logic in the living room. "Did they not know...?"

(Reminder: I made it so if a side dies a new one will appear a few days later but they won't have the same memories or anything like that as the old trait did)

Bursting into Logan's room Patton dashed up to his bed, a hand covering his mouth. "What is that?" Roman whispered, raking his hands through the dead flower petals sprawled across his bed. 

Virgils hands trembled as he recognised what had happened.

"hanahaki disease..."

"Hana...what?" Roman replied, Patton too emotional to respond.

"A disease you get from unrequited feelings...Logan was in love" Virgil whispered, breaking down into sobs.

"With who?" Roman whispered, tears pouring from his own eyes, too.

They never knew their Logan fell in love with the host...

Thanks for the request! This might not be how hanahaki disease works but I made it fit for this OneShot.

By the way hanahaki diseases isn't real, lol