Chapter 02

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"There, there." An elderly woman lovingly coed, gently patting the back of the two weeks old baby in her arms. "There's no need to cry little Michi. Gran-Gran shirt is changed now. Gran-Gran is sorry. She won't show you that colour anymore."

Finally settling down, after receiving the affection and attention of her grandmother, her tears and sobs ceased, her plump red cheeks still wet. Michi's auburn eyes that held the identity of her hunted clan innocently gazed into her grandmother's eyes that shared the same hue.

Barely making a sound when he arrived, Yuichi slid off his black ninja sandals.

"Oh, so my unfilial son is finally back." Sachi sharply noted, not even glancing back at her offspring. "Go wash your hands and come hold your daughter after all the troubles you are causing her."

Yuichi Akagawa, after annihilating everyone from the snowy small fishing village -not sparing even the children- and shinobi that had caused his wife's demise, the Akagawa had been placed in the Bingo Book with 30.5 million ryo ($ 88,838.00) bounty on his head. His bounty was especially high because of how powerful and deadly his kekkei genkai was, even for someone of his clan. Yuichi and his mother, carrying Michi had to escape in a harsh blizzard storm, because of those who had seeked his head. Now they have currently settled into a snowy small farming village in the Land of Water and had purchased a new abode.

After refilling his empty holster and pouch with kunais and shurikens, he placed a brown bag that contained 111,089.36 ryo ($1,000) on the new wooden table of the common room. A mosquito -his summoning- landed on his finger he had out stretched for it, divulging information to it's summoner. "I received a new mission. I don't know when I will be back, but use the money on the table to take care of the two you needs for this month. I'll have more, when I return."

"Yuichi." Sachi called, ignoring everything he had said prior.

Before the mercenary shinobi had completely turned the doorknob to head out, he stopped in place.

"Little Michi. You haven't held her once." The retired kunoichi stated, her voice low.

His hand shook in with two intense emotions- hatred and despondency. When he had scrutinized his daughter from head to toe, to him it was like Kana was in front of him, alive. He couldn't bare to look at her again or hold her, because the infant in front of him was also one of the causes of his beloved wife's death. He hated her. But the one who he abhorred the most was himself, because he couldn't protect her. Then, he had felt despondency, because Michi even though still a babe reminded him too much of her mother with the looks and chakra signature. Right now he really wanted nothing to do with his daughter, because she made him feel such things.

Sachi, sensing this cast her eyes down to her grandchild, then back to her son. "At least sit down and have some rice porridge. Every once and a while it's good to have a nice warm meal in your system. It's not good or healthy that you always eat those food pills even if I am the one who created them."

Obliging his mother, he took a seat at the table remaining his full-face mask that hid the colour of his irises and placed it on the table.

Putting the now sleeping girl in the crib, and tucking her in, Sachi went to the kitchen and returned to where Yuichi was, placing a bowl of rice porridge in front of him that emitted steam along with a clean silver spoon.