Chapter 19

Chapter 19

~

Ludwig was starting to panic. Feliciano had left that morning after their argument and hadn't come back. He looked down at his watch and then sighed, pacing back and forth in the living room.

It's almost 7 and he's still not home.

The German wanted to see him. Even if they didn't speak or apologize, he just wanted to see his beautiful face and make sure he was okay. Angelina and Ciana watched him pace around and the little girl walked up to him, hugged his legs and nuzzled her face against his hip.

Ludwig let out a shaky breath and then picked her up, her legs around his waist and her head resting on his shoulder. She kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly as he closed his eyes and found the comfort he needed in the seven year old child he was cuddling.

He closed his eyes and kissed the top of her head before moving a hand to her back, running soothing circles onto it. Ludwig could clearly tell she was worried just like him and was seeking comfort.

"We'll find him. Don't worry, bella." Ludwig whispered, reassuring the little girl.

She soon fell asleep and he gave a small smile before setting her down on the couch. Ludwig walked over to the table and held his head in his hands. He had gotten so anxious that he'd bitten his nails until the skin was raw. Angelina walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked up at her.

"Let's go look for him."

~

The streets were silent as they walked. The sun was setting and it was getting darker, harder to look for someone who could be anywhere.

Ludwig was constantly running his fingers through his hair and Angelina tried to calm him down but nothing would work. He occasionally muttered things in German that Angelina couldn't understand and sometimes there were English words thrown in there.

"Ludwig, I need you to stop acting like that." She said quietly. "It's not going to help finding him if you're just panicking."

They called Feliciano's name but got no reply and the German called his cell but got no answer. Passing by a park, he called for what seemed like the millionth time that day and heard the Italian's familiar ringtone in the distance.

"Do you hear that?" He asked, looking around frantically.

Angelina nodded as she also looked around and scanned the area to see if they could see anyone.

"Look." Ludwig pointed across the park to a bench where he could make out the silhouette of a person. "It's him."

He ran over and Angelina stayed behind, feeling like she was intruding if she went with him. Ludwig slowly approached him, his heart beating wildly in his chest as he got closer. Looking over his shoulder, he saw Feliciano staring at the ring on his finger, tracing it slowly.

"Feliciano..." His voice cracked. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling at you. All those insults, they're not true. Please, come back home."

The Italian didn't answer. He just took a deep breath and stared ahead at the swing set.

"I don't want to." He finally said after five minutes of silence. "Not now. I'll be home later."

Ludwig wanted to fall to his knees and beg forgiveness and for him to come home so they could talk this out but the sting of Feliciano's insult still hurt too much.

... You fucking drug addict!

He whispered an almost inaudible, "Okay" before reaching out to touch his shoulder but his hand faltered and he brought it back to his side. He startedwalking back to the house without a word to Feliciano or to Angelina who followed him but didn't say a thing.

~

To be continued...