Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~

Feliciano walked into the backyard with a tensed jaw. The verse he'd heard in the church wouldn't get out of his head. Anna, Dave, and Angelina weren't home yet and he'd just been sitting on the porch so he went to the shed where he knew it was waiting.

Opening the door, he walked inside and immediately spotted the black and white sphere. The Italian smiled and picked it up before running out into the large yard and kicking the ball. It sent such a thrill throughout his body to run after a ball and thread it between his feet, racing across the yard and kicking it at the large oak tree as his net.

Sweat dripped down the back of his neck and he panted hard as he continued to move. But had to stop - only briefly - to take off his shirt and roll his pants up to his knees. As a second thought, he took off his dress shoes and socks and then he  continued to chase the soccer ball.

The sport made him forget his troubles and it was like he was playing with Romano again. Even though he knew Romano wasn't really there, it was nice to know your brother was watching over you. He was breathing heavily but he didn't stop.

The Italian started feeling dizzy but he refused to cease his movements and screamed into gritted teeth as he got his anger out.

I am not detestable.

We are not detestable.

~

Ludwig was reading with Ciana when Dave, Anna and Angelina walked in. He waited for Feliciano to walk in the door but he never came inside.

"Where's Feliciano?" Ludwig asked Dave.

"He came here. He got upset during church so he came home. I thought you would've seen him." He explained.

"He hasn't set foot in the house." The German frowned. "Unless I'm completely blind."

They looked at each other worriedly and Anna went to look upstairs. Ludwig looked all around the first floor but didn't find anything until he looked out the sliding doors into the backyard where the Italian was standing, trembling as he towered over the ball.

"There he is." He announced, opening the doors. "Feliciano?"

The Italian didn't look at him, he just kept staring down at the ground. Ludwig frowned and walked outside, approaching him slowly. He gently placed a hand on his shoulder and Feliciano flinched at the contact.

"Feliciano?" He whispered.

Ludwig watched as his boyfriend slowly turned to him with tears in his eyes and his bottom lip taken between his teeth. He was taken aback when Feliciano sobbed and threw himself into his arms, crying into his chest. The German hugged him back despite his sweaty skin.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sliding a hand into his hair and cradling his head.

"They called us detestable, Ludwig... W-what's so bad about making love to the person of your affection?... Why is everyone so disgusted? What's wrong with this?" He managed to choke out between sobs.

Ludwig closed his eyes and hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead before nuzzling his nose into his hair.

"People think we're different, Feliciano. But really there's nothing different. It's normal to love someone and normal to engage in those activities with the person you love. So you're not detestable. We are not detestable. No one is." He whispered, holding the Italian close. "If other people think we're detestable, let's just show them how detestable we can get."

Feliciano let out a small laugh and wiped away his tears. "I love you."

Ludwig leant down and kissed him softly, cupping his face in his hands. He pulled back only to be tugged downwards by the shirt and kissed again. He chuckled against his fiancé's lips and moved his hands to his hips.

"Go have a shower." He said quietly. "You and you're glistening skin aren't exactly helping me stay in control."

Feliciano smirked and nodded before grabbing his clothes and walking inside with Ludwig right behind him. He was stopped by his aunt who stared at the ink on his chest.

"You got a tattoo?" She asked, trying to keep the horrified look off of her face.

"I only got one." He answered, smiling at her expression.

She let go of her nephew and watched him walk up the stairs before calling after him.

"What does it mean?"

"It means 'I love you' in German." Feliciano replied, continuing up the stairs.

Anna, Angelina and Dave looked to Ludwig and he blushed lightly, looking down at his hands.

"I have 'Ti amo' on my chest if that makes it any better?" He stated, making it sound more like a question.

"He has seven!" Ciana piped up from where she sat on the couch.

"Wow." Angelina said. "Impressive."

"You kids and your inked skin!" Anna exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "You know that last forever, right?"

"Well, the 'Ti amo' symbolizes my love for Feliciano and I'll love him forever..." Ludwig said quietly.

Anna offered him a small smile and didn't make anymore comments about her hatred for tattoos.

"I want you to take good care of my nephew, you hear?" Dave told the German, making him stand taller.

"Of course." He nodded. "Like I said, forever."

~

Forever is a long time but I'm willing to spend it with you.

~

Ti amo - I love you (Italian)

~

To be continued...