Chapter 16~ Decorations and Cocoa

~Jack's P.O.V~

For once in my entire life, I wish I could babysit just a little longer. Denver would have told me anything I wanted to know. It was just him and me.  I also used my newfound authoritative voice, I could have gotten him to talk to me about it. But nooo, the other two weirdos had to come in and watch Elf. Denver is to my left, in between Ryan and me. I hear Denver giggle beside me, completely engrossed in the movie.

I know I'm known for my bad boy ways, and this is totally out of character, but my baby brother is the cutest human being. I mean, he giggles for crying out loud. I don't understand why he doesn't have friends, who wouldn't want to be my nerdy brother's friend? He and I will continue our conversation later, but right now, I'm just going to enjoy that my baby brother is snuggling up to me and laughing at some dumb Christmas movie.

~Denver's P.O.V~
"Who wants to put the Christmas tree up?" Andrew exclaims as the ending credits play on the screen.

"Yes! Lets put it up!" I reply, getting excited

"I'll get the stuff from the basement, and you three can make hot cocoa," Andrew says, getting up from the couch.

The three of us go to the kitchen to make the hot cocoa. We have drunk hot cocoa and put up the Christmas tree for as long as I can remember, it's kind of like our Christmas tradition. Soon enough, Drew comes up with our huge Christmas tree, and we all get to work. I let them put the tree together and fluff out the branches because that's my least favorite part, and it's not like I can really help lift the thing. It doesn't take them long to get the tree ready for ornaments. I grab some decorations from the tub and start putting them where I can reach, which isn't very high. Our tree has a theme of red and white

"Alright, Den, that's as far as I can reach

"Alright, Den, that's as far as I can reach. It's all you now," Andrew says to me.

I just smile at him because I didn't know if we would do it this year since it's been so different lately. Instead of using a step ladder like normal people to put ornaments where we can't reach, Drew sets me on his shoulders while the other two hands me ornaments. I then put them on the top of the tree. I walk over to him, and he grabs me under the arms with my back facing him as he sets me on his broad shoulders.

"Baby, you need to eat more. I'm pretty sure you are lighter this year then you were last year." Andrew says once I'm up.

"I eat" I argue back

I haven't really been eating a lot since the boys started dating, I just didn't feel like it. Andrew doesn't have to know about that, though.

"I didn't say you didn't eat. I said that you need to eat more," Andrew answers, stressing the "more."

I don't reply, there's not really a point in responding. After what feels like a billion ornaments later, Jack finally hands me the star. I put it on the top, and Andrew starts to lower me back down.