Chapter 5~We're Going Where?

~Denver's p.o.v~

It's been a couple of days since the mall incident, and I'm getting better. I know that I have my brothers to protect me, so when I'm with them, I feel fine. It's not having them around that bothers me. They haven't really left my side since it all happened, but sometimes being alone is enviable. Like when I'm lying in bed at night, sometimes I still feel him. I haven't told them about it, but I'm sure they can sense I'm not the same. They have been super overprotective recently, but I secretly love the constant attention, something I hated until this. 

"Denver come down here" I here Jack yell from downstairs. 

Jack? What does Jack want? He is never the one to call me; it's usually Ryan or Andrew. 

"Coming," I say, pausing the tv and getting up.

 Walking down the stairs, I see all of my brothers standing in the middle of the living room. Well, shit. What have I done now? Too caught up in racking my brain for something I have done to get me in trouble, I trip. I luckily catch myself on the couch arm, hoping no one seen it. 

"Oh my gosh," Ryan says, laughing. Andrew is just shaking his head with his fingers grabbing his forehead, and Jack is about to cry from laughing so hard. 

I guess they did see my trip over air. I feel my cheeks start to heat up. Embarrassed, I ask, "What have I done now?"

"Oh, you haven't done anything. We have a surprise," Andrew says, smiling at my clumsiness.

 "A surprise?" I ask in a dull questioning tone, thinking it's something stupid, like surprise we are going to the grocery store and forcing you to go.

 "yep," Ryan cheerfully answers. Their excitement is rubbing off on me now; maybe it's not a trip to the grocery store.

 I hope they got me a puppy. After the week I've had, I think I deserve a puppy.

 "We are going to the Bahamas for two weeks," Andrew says in a cliche announcer voice. 

"What!?!" I yell, already running to hug them.

 A beach trip is exactly what I need—a chance to get away from this town and the sleazy men in it. 

"Yep! We have all had an eventful last couple of days, to say the least, so I booked a vacation," Andrew says, smiling the entire time. 

That's just the kind of person he is; he finds happiness in making other people happy.

"Wait, what about school?" I ask my smile, dropping. We can't go to the beach, not when I'm days away from starting my freshman year.

 "Don't worry, I have filled out educational field trip days," he says.

Oh, thank God, the longer I stay away from the school, the better. 

"Already? I haven't even gone one day yet! Not complaining, just wondering how you do the principal to say yes," I ask, trying to understand how my brother pulled this off.

"Well, I did have to do a bit of sweet-talking, but I got him to sign for all three of you, and he got me a sub," Andrew says, smirking. Ah, the perks of working in the school system. 

"Thank you so much," I tell practically throwing myself at them.

 "Buddy, I think we all need a vacation," Andrew says, his smile faltering for a second. 

"Excitement aside, what do you weirdos want for lunch?" Ryan asks.

 It's usually him or Andrew that cooks around here because Jack and I could figure out how to burn water.