1

i woke up like i did everyday, irritated. the sun shining too brightly, my thong more up my ass than usual, and my hair in a ratty mess. i kick off the covers that kept me warm, leaving me to be coolly welcomed by my cold room. i reach over to turn my fan off and move so my feet touch the hard wood floors in my bedroom. before i could fully stand up my sister bursts into my room, a cupcake in her hand with a tiny lit candle pushed into the middle.

"happy birthday! i really can't believe you are eighteen!" blair exclaims excitedly as she gives me the cupcake and i blow out the candle, of course making my wish: young, good looking, rich, ceo to fuck me. naturally, you know, it's what every girl wants. blair takes the candle out of the cupcake as i smile at her and say thanks for the cupcake. "so, what are we going to do to celebrate?"

"clubbing? i know you hate it, but really it's my first time i can do it" i try to convince her, blair hates hates hates clubbing. all the girls back in nevada always talked about it, how much fun it was, so i've always wanted to go but i haven't really had the chance until now.

"only for you, li. hope you know i love you, we will go later tonight" blair gives in and i excitedly give her a huge hug, telling her that i love her. she just shakes her head and then walks out of my room telling me she has to go to work. i tell her goodbye and wish her a good day at the office.

\

when blair got home at eleven we left for the club, it takes thirty minutes to get anywhere in la. i step out of her car and get in line to get in, eventually reaching the bouncer who looks at my drivers license, puts an x on my hand and grumbles happy birthday. the club is louder and a lot hotter than i expected. blair and i both agree to put our phones on full volume and if we get get separated we can call each other and hope that that works. i pull her to the dance floor with me, it reminded me a lot like the homecomings we had at school. grinding.

large hands grab my waist, my ass pushed against a toned pelvis. after two songs i stop and tell blair i'm going to the bar to get something to drink. she nods and tells me to go. i make it to the bar and take a seat next to some guy with his head down and he's in a suit which seems way to dressy for a club setting like this. as i take a seat and catch my breathe and the man next to me starts to speak to me.

"liam, do i really have to stay here till you want to leave. i don't even know how i let you talk me into this. my head hurts so bad it hurts to open my eyes because of these bloody lights" the man grumbles. his voice is so deep and i hear an accent i'm not familiar with and for a second i don't know what to do, because obviously i am not liam.

"i'm not liam, but if this is his spot i'll get up. i didn't mean to take it, sir" i tell him as i start to move from the bar stool, the man's head shoots up and his eyes meet mine. emerald green squinted eyes look at me, the man looking at me and for a second i stop moving to admire how fucking sexy he is.

"no, no that's okay. if anything liam can stand, i don't see any other open spots so pop a squat, love" he reassures me as i sit back on the stool. i graciously tell him thank you and then a bartender walks toward us and i order a coke. the bartended pushes to me and i give him four dollars, which is absurd for a coke but i ignore it as i think of things to ask the man beside me because he is too beautiful to not make conversation with.

"where are you from? i can hear the accent" i ask him and i audibly hear him groan and i immediately regret asking him. he probably gets it all the time, we americans are obsessed with anyone that isn't us.

"holmes chapel, uk. where are you from? i hear an accent" he mocks me.

"hawthorne, nevada. thanks for asking!" i excitedly answer to be a tad bit extra.

"okay, well now that we are play twenty questions, why are you here? isn't this awful?" he inquires with a sour look. i let my gaze wander from his face to his hands that hold a heineken beer bottle in his hands. his fingers are covered with big rings that work on him for some reason.

"it's my eighteenth. i had to beg my sister to even bring me, but i get why it could be annoying" i answer taking a sip of my coke that was beginning to empty. i look over at the man who's name i still didn't know, he rakes a hand through his short but seemingly long hair and smiles, a perfect, smile at me which made my stomach leap.

"well happy birthday miss..." he trails off waiting for me to inform him of my name.

"lilou"

"lilou" he says back to me, with a smile, "well, i'm harry. that's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. it's french isn't it?"

"yes, my parents loved france so much that when i graduated they left the week after" i say with a laugh, quickly realizing how much i had told him that he didn't need to know. although his face didn't look at me with pity or awkwardly smile, instead he smirked at me.

"so, what i'm hearing is that you've got some daddy issues?" he asks with a damn smirk. i look at him shocked that he really just said that but i decide to not give him the surprised answer i was almost certain he wanted.

"i won't if you will be my daddy" i say inching closer to him. both of us facing each other at this point. i watched as his eyes widened, clearly shocked with my reply. i love this game.

"thank god it's your eighteenth" he mutters lowly, but i still catch it and smile sweetly at him. "well we will just have to see about that, miss lilou" he says clearly for me to hear this time. he inches closer and so do i. he takes this opportunity to press his lips onto mine his hand cupping my cheek. his tongue slips into my mouth like it was supposed to be there. his tongue explores my mouth, he takes like mint and heineken. he gently pulls back from my face and i do the same.

"hey harry, mate!" i hear a voice call and i turn to see a man in a suit similar to harry's but his hair in a buzz cut.

"i'm going to presume that is liam, i will let you two talk. goodbye, harry. it was lovely talking to you" i tell him as i get off the bar stool. he gently grabs my hand and asks for my number which i gladly give him and then return to the floor to find blair.

at the end of the night as i lay in my bed, i think about the beautiful man who remains mostly a mystery to me. and i am the type to figure out mysteries, even if i end up getting hurt.

---

hello, if you are reading this. THANK YOU BRO

much love -florence