Chapter 15: One Of Us

Magsimula sa umpisa

She seemed to be begging me. I suppose it was just Jack and Tyler. I could deal with that.

"Okay Kathryn," she smiled, still trembling.

I got up to walk to the door, Kathryn following behind me. I opened the door to see Tyler right away, which almost scared me.

Right when he saw me, he pulled me into a hug, which was odd. Tyler was never your 'hugger' type.

I looked up to Tyler to see he had tears in his eyes, which was even stranger. He didn't have to say anything, we just all walked together down the stairs.

I never really noticed, but Kathryn and Tyler seemed close. I suppose they were treated both like servants so that makes sense.

When I got towards the end of the stairway, I could hear screaming back and forth. It sounded like a female and male voice.

Felix and Amy?

I bet Amy was going hysterical. I didn't want to listen to all the screaming at all. I walked quickly over to Jack's office, it sounded like Amy and Felix were in the kitchen from all the screaming.

"I'll see you later (Y/N)."

I looked back at Kathryn to see her and Tyler leave, whispering quietly to one another. I sighed, and turned back around to enter Jack's room.

Once I got inside, I noticed Jack sitting in his desk chair. He seemed as if he just was thinking. Not to mention all the tears running down his face.

"Jack?" I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. He turned to see me, it felt weird seeing Jack not smiling. He got up, and came over to me.

All of a sudden, he wrapped his arms around me, crying. I wrapped my arms back around him as well.

"Thank you for coming," he said pulling away from the hug.

"I know it's hard for you," he added on.

I nodded, "Its hard for all of us." Jack nodded, not saying anything surprisingly.

"Anyway, why do you need me?" I asked, curious. He looked nervous, oddly.

"Here (Y/N), please sit down." Jack pulled up a chair for me, as he sat in his desk chair.

"I need to know everything that happened last night before you passed out."

What?

I was confused. Why does he need to know this?

"Why?" I said, tilting my head.

Jack sighed, putting his hand through his rough hair, "I noticed you left for your room around midnight. I need to know what you saw." I sighed, I will probably make myself sound like a foul.

"I got this note Jack, that said to meet me at the rooftop at midnight. I first thought it was Ethan, since he was the only one who knew about the rooftop. But then Ethan told me it wasn't him. I could tell he wasn't lying ether. I was still curious though, because I had no idea who it was. So I went up to the rooftop at midnight. I waited there, but no one came. I then heard a noise and I ran out to see Mark falling from the balcony and hitting the floor. That's all I know."

Jack nodded, but he still seemed confused.

"I see..." he said, "That actually helps me a lot. Thank you."

I was happy that helped him, but I was still confused on why he needed me.

"Okay now time for you to tell me what you know," I didn't mean to sound rude or bossy, but I needed to know myself. Jack looked surprised as if why I would ask that.

"Well, I do know that only us nine were left in the Manor when Mark died,"

Jack, Ethan, Bob, Wade, Kathryn, Tyler, Felix, Amy, and I,

"but none of us happened to be in the room when Mark died. It just so happened that all of us came in the exact time Mark was falling." I nodded, even though I don't think that's everything Jack knows.

Where's the body anyway?

A random thought came to my mind.

"Where is the body anyway Jack?"

Jack sighed once again, even confusing me just more.

"That's the thing, (Y/N). I think whoever the person is that wrote the note had something to do with his death. I also think that person...took the body."

Wait what?

"Wait Jack...are you saying that Mark was murdered?"

Jack looked as if he was trembling, "Yes, and do you want to hear the worst part?"

I didn't want to know, but yet I forced myself anyway, "What?"

"The murderer is one of us nine."