Singin on the Sidewalk

A/N: Ahhh! I love Christmas!! Thank you all for the many comments, views, and votes on my book! It really means a lot! This isn't really Christmasy but it still is. This is the same AU as my last chapter, but they haven't met yet like my last chapter. I also got this idea from a tumblr named purelosersclub!

So without further ado, let's get to the story!!

Ponyboy sat on a bench at the bus stop. He just got done with work. Right now, he works at the coffee shop in the bookstore. He is about to go to college to become a writer. He honestly cannot wait, but sadly has to. He decided to go to a local college for his first year to see if that's what he wanted to actually do. Also he really didn't want tobe far from his brothers, they're all he's got.

Pony was freezing, letting out shaky breaths. He really hopes the bus will be here soon. While Pony was waiting for the bus, he didn't seem to notice someone sit next to him until he heard a strum of a guitar. Pony then snapped out of his daze and looked over to see a tall man who looked about 20. The man had blonde hair and dark, cloudy eyes. The man had some muscle, not Darry muscle but it was still rather impressive. In Pony's opinion, he was very attractive. He could take his eyes off this handsome man.The man gave him a smile. Oh god. Pony blushed and looked away.

The guitarist started to strum to the rhythm of Silver Bells. That was Pony's favorite Christmas song. Pony looked at the guitarist, "C'mon sing with me," The guitarist told Pony. Pony smiled. Then both of them started to sing," Silver Bells, Silver Bells, It's Christmas time.. In the city." Both of their voices matched perfectly together. They were harmonized perfectly. Many passers would stop and listen to the duo sing different Christmas songs, often throwing money into the man's case.

After about an hour, Pony was to cold to continue singing with the man, "You wanna to wear my jacket kid? You're shiverin like crazy." The man asked Pony, already shedding his jacket and putting it on Pony," You also have an amazing voice," The man complimented, smiling when he saw the younger blush.

"Thanks, y-you too," Pony responded, "I never caught your name."

"Dallas Winston, but call me Dally darlin'," Dallas added, throwing in a wink, which made Pony blush more even though it wasn't noticeable due to his face being already red from the cold.

Sadly, Pony's bus arrived, he went to hand Dally the jacket back but it was pushed back to the smaller man, "Keep it," Dallas told him before lighting a cigarette. Pony smiled" Thanks," Pony said and climbed onto the bus.

When Pony found a seat on the bus, he laid his head back and began to think, 'Golly, I really hope I see Dally again, he was awful handsome and seemed like a very good guy,' Which Pony was pretty wrong, Dallas wasn't a very nice guy, Pony was just one of those lucky people who Dallas thought didn't think needed any anger thrown at him. But little did Pony know, he did see Dallas, a lot more in fact. They eventually will start dating. But, that's another story for another time.