Marcos. I felt a slight pain in the stomach. I looked at the front of one of the most despicable former students of my school. He put his hand over his mouth trying to hide his mocking smile to see me, while I was trying to control my dissatisfaction. What was that annoying human being doing here? Sure, he was Ben's friend. He was part of the group of four goofy. He was also with Benjamin on the day of the accident.

Marcos seems stronger than at the time he studied at school; his body was visibly muscular. His hair is shaved on the sides and those black eyes like a night sky looked at me with curiosity, what he did not have in him was the shine of the stars. Of course, even though I had never been popular, he recognized me. I am the daughter of teacher Elizabeth and was enough he knew me.

"You told me a friend would come to lunch with us, but you did not tell me that your friend was her," He pointed at me. "Ben?"

"Marcos, please!"

"I cannot believe it," He tried to disguise the laughter.

"If you had told me this animal was here, I wouldn't come," I did not refrain from being rude.

"What did you say?" Marcos seemed furious.

"Animal!" Ben repeated. "Come on, man, you understood."

"So you're here," Ben's mother approached interrupting our little discussion. She opened her arms to me, involving me in a friendly hug. I reciprocate the gesture by hugging her too. "I'm sorry for that day," She whispered in my ear. "For some specific reasons, I do not like that Benjamin going out alone, without me, to be clearer."

"No problems," I said, and I let go of her embrace.

We stayed in the room while we were waiting for the lunch is announced. I was in my place and Ben in his. Marcos started to speak of his significant achievements. He was studying laws and spoke proudly of his high grades, and yes, he had chosen the right profession. Ben gave one of his cynical smiles when he heard Marcos say that. Marcos, I do not know why he scolded him with his eyes. Ben turned serious again.

Occasionally Marcos looked at me with a sinister look it was as if he said that I was in the wrong place. I could not disagree with him.

While Ben's mother seemed to have fun with the cases told by him, I am here, sitting alone on the couch in silence and feeling wholly affected by Marcos' presence in the place.

Mrs. Ana sometimes shared her gaze on the stairs. She sighed and put her hair behind her ear; this occurred for at least ten times. She was anxiously waiting for someone to get down the stairs. I know that someone was probably should be Ben's father. He still had not appeared. Ben sometimes looked at the stairs too.

"Are you and Ben doing schoolwork together?" Marcos asked me. Why the question, if you already know the answer? Douchebag, I thought.

"I think we are trying," I smiled at him.

"You will sing in the class," He gave a slight laugh. "It will be fun!"

"What's going to be fun?" I asked him.

"You and Ben. You know, singing together. It is surreal."

"Why surreal?" Mrs. Ana asked Marcos.

"Do you know who this girl is?"

"Who this girl is?" She crossed her arms, staring at him as if to say that it was better for him not to respond.

"Marcos, I'll give you one advice, stay quiet," Ben said to his "friend."

"I'll take a breath," I said and left, I did not wait for their response.

I sincerely hoped Ben would come after me, but he did not happen. Maybe the idiocy of Marcos had already infected him again. Perhaps idiocy is a virus. An extremely painful virus for some people. Sometimes I forgot that Ben was Ben. One of the most beautiful douchebags in school. A guy who used and abused his beauty to feel superior to many people around him.