Episode 15: Laundry therapy

I was still trying to fathom what just happened until the piercing cold sensation finally sunk down like a tray of ice cubes shoved down my throat. I wiped my face with my hands and looked down at my dripping wet white T-shirt and navy blue track pants. Turns out, the commotion earlier had me suffer the worst consequence. They must have pressed the draining button of the machine and had all the water splashing…at my direction!

How’s that for an initial attempt to get along? SERIOUSLY!!!

“Majesty…noo—”, Baekhyun attempted to say something but I wasn’t in the right mind to listen to any explanation.

“Shssh! All of you…there.”, I said with a straight face while pointing at the other side of the room. My voice may be at a tolerable normal decibel but they sure could sense that I was just a breeze away from going Godzilla all over the place. They just stood there.

I moved closer.

“NOW!!!”, I yelled at them and they hurriedly scram towards the opposite side. I turned off the machine and put back the draining hose back to its hook. Then, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

KIDS! KIDS! You’re about to fight with kids!

As calmly as I could possibly muster, I walked towards the towels and blankets compartments at the left side of the door and pulled a piece of white body towel and started patting myself. I loosened my hair and dried the dripping ends, then tied it back into a bun.

I felt like my nerves at my temples were about to explode as I turned to face them. They were all looking away.

“I’ll only say this once. I’ll just go and change. When I come back, I won’t see a puddle of water on the floor. Mops are in that closet. All the washing machines, including this dirty laundry are to remain untouched until I return. Got it?”

I was seriously pissed. They better cooperate.

“I said, do you have it?”, I asked again, now with greater emphasis as nobody was answering me.

“Yes.”

“Yeah.”

“Yes, noona.”

I gave them one last piercing look then I stormed out of the room.

After about 10 minutes, I went back to the laundry area, all dried up and changed. As I opened the door, I saw all of them hurriedly standing up and behaving like a soldier suddenly summoned by their superior. The floor had been mopped out and the laundry and the rest of the machines still looked…normal.

Good.

After what happened, I can’t possibly rely on any of them without utmost supervision. And I sure as hell won’t do this on my own now. I think I had already paid my price for not doing exactly what was agreed upon. I stood at the front and center part of the room where a table with all the laundry was situated.

“Baekhyun, Luhan, Tao. Stay where you are. Kai, Kris Sehun. Move over there.”, I said as I point them towards where they should be. Confused, they followed my instructions nevertheless. Glad that they know how to feel the room this time.

“The left side team will do all the laundry meant for cold water while the right side team will do the laundry for the warm water.”, I said. Obviously, most of them looked like they didn’t know much about doing laundry.

“You will operate the machine next to you. The first machines are for the initial washing with soap. The second one is for rinsing and the last one is for drying. I will be the one to separate the clothes and put them in each of these baskets. Judging from the volume of these clothes, it will probably take two batches. But before that, I’ll have to show you first how to properly operate these machines. Clear?”