Ferry took the gloves carefully. They were so light, it seemed like he was holding nothing in his hands. He put them on and he saw with wonder how the delicate fabric became one with his hands. As if he wasn't wearing anything. He was finally freed from the thick gloves he used to wear, so uncomfortable and itchy during summertime.

"Thank you," he said, continuing to stare at his hands. His friends also pulled out a 'wow' at the sight of such marvel.

"That will make people not see you as a curiosity anymore," said Lavender, smiling. "Besides, I'll soon become the town's curiosity again. I'm going to waive that veil and go to town soon," she added, winking at the children. "I shall finally look like the oldest woman in town..."

But Lord Stephan didn't seem to agree, "Do you think that's wise, Milady? People are used to judging other people. They only see the surface of things. They only judge by the looks without even trying to see what's beyond."

But the old fairy shook her head, a bitter smile in the corner of her lips, "I've been hiding my whole life. Now that I'm finally human, I won't hide anymore. Even with this hideous look."

"That's a shame," said the Pan softly, and his voice trembled again. "Such a shame they can't see how beautiful you are..."

But then, he shook off that feeling and the look in his eyes was cold and penetrating again. "That is why, all the beings here, people or fae, must take an oath. An oath of keeping Prince Garrett away from any harm, from any danger, be it from this world or the others."

Everyone complied in silence.

But Ferry had questions still. "So I have to be protected from humans. But who is that creature from Akna that I have to be protected from? The one that killed my parents? The one who's threatening Akna? Why is it doing all those things?" he asked the Pan looking dead in his eyes.

The Pan frowned. He walked along and across the garden again. "Truth is... we don't know many things about that creature. You see, when the Hollow Fairies decided to descend to the center of Earth, they have also chosen to separate themselves from the world above. They chose to stay away from the light. And the absence of light made their hearts turn empty and their soul turn dark. The few times we had news about those creatures were from the chronicles of humans. Some adventurers encountered those creatures. But those who dared to go too close to their world never came back. "

"But why are they looking to take over Akna?" Ben asked, taking out of his pocket his notebook as if ready to take notes.

"Because their world is dying. Their sun is growing old. It doesn't bring light and warmth like it used to. The plants, the trees, the animals, and the Hollow Fairies started to suffer from the lack of warmth and light. Once their sun began to fade, famine and diseases spread over their land.

They needed to find a new home. With a younger Sun. Or a younger Moon that shone as bright as the Sun... So they found ours..." he said with a sigh. "A fertile land, dominated by a Moon that gave light and warmth just like the Sun. A land of wise and peaceful creatures, yet great warriors when it was needed."

"But why Akna of all the magical lands?" Ben insisted. "What makes it so special?"

The Pan looked at the little boy with glasses, not sure if he should answer his questions. "Because the people of Akna had something great. Something that other fairy people lost. The power of knowledge... You see, those creatures are looking for the Floating City of Eolas, a city long gone, a city of legend. If they find it, they find the answers to everything. Power, richness, immortality... The great people of Eolas know it all. That is why we are fighting over letting them find that city. That is why we must find it first."