I realized how worn down he looked. His eyes were barely open and his back was bent over as he stood slumping, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Why weren't you at school today?" I suddenly asked. He froze a little.

"Let's just say I've got a lot to think about lately. Wouldn't have been able to concentrate anyway," he sighed.

I smiled a little. "I know what that's like." He glanced at me and the corners of his lips were turned up slightly.

"Yeah well I think I've finally made a decision." His voice was soft and I barely heard what he said.

"Well that's good! That's more than I can say on a lot of things." I let out a small laugh.

He looked me in the eyes. "You'll figure it out," he said seriously.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and said a small thanks. My stomach was doing flips and I coughed, looking away.

"I really should get going," I tilted my head towards the door and Jake nodded.

"Be careful. It's raining pretty hard," he informed and I told him I'd drive slowly.

After a few more minutes of us just standing there, he finally turned and walked down the long hallway. I sat watching him until he disappeared behind the corner.

I played with my fingers for a moment before pulling my hood up and walking out. The rain had calmed down slightly and I looked up to find my car. When my eyes caught a familiar white truck, I stopped.

I squinted to try and see who was sitting in the drivers seat, although I already had a guess. The trucks' headlights turned on and it made its way towards me. I stuffed my hands in the pocket of my sweatshirt and waited.

As it pulled up, the passenger side window rolled down to reveal Brady smiling widely. "You need a ride?" He asked jokingly.

I smiled and laughed a little. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I saw you drive here and I was thinking that today could be the perfect day to go on that date," he explained.

I stood there for a minute before nodding and opening his door. I closed it behind me and pulled my hood off, smoothing my hair as much as I could.

"You're going to have to drop me off here after so I can get my car," I pointed out and he nodded.

He turned the radio on and I bobbed my head to the music as we drove through town.

"Sooo... Want to tell me where we're going?" I looked over at him.

He smiled. "You'll see."

"Oh c'mon. You're one of those guys who likes surprises aren't you?"

"Yep," he grinned.

"Great," I mumbled and he laughed.

"Trust me you'll love it." He promised. I smiled and nodded.

After about twenty minutes of driving, Brady pulled the truck up to a small building that resembled an old house. It had white lining and gray walls on the outside with plants growing up the sides.

There was a small sign above the white door that read "Java Jitters" in fancy pink letters.

"It's a small coffee shop. I don't drink coffee, but they make amazing hot chocolate," Brady spoke up.

I grinned. Hot chocolate is just what I needed. Brady jogged around to my door and opened it with a bow, making me giggle.

I got out and followed him to the door, which he also held open for me. As soon as I walked through the door, the smell of coffee and the feeling of warmth overcame me. I didn't drink coffee either, but I loved the smell.