"Why?" I asked warily. "What use could I be to you?"

  "Well, dear Severus," Marvolo drawled, "as you have already infiltrated Hogwarts. I was hoping that you could... keep an eye on the old coot." His human lips curled into a smile. "As sane as I am now, I am a Slytherin, and I do want revenge on him. I just shall be doing it in a more discrete manner." For a moment, he looked troubled. "I can't believe that I actually tried to hurt children. Children are not meant to be hurt or abused."

  "My sentiments exactly, My Lord." I said, inclining my head slightly.

  "It's Marvolo, Severus." Marvolo reminded me gently.

  "Very well, Marvolo."

  "So," Lucius looked smug, "where shall we begin?"

  "The laws restricting what a Hogwarts Professor is allowed to do in regards to a student's home life." I said immediately. It was a law that required the Headmaster's approval for a Professor to visit a student at their home, as well as allowed a Headmaster to judge if a student requires help because of abuse or neglect. "Albus never lets me do anything about students that are being abused, unless they are in immediate danger." I spat.

  "You mean—" Marvolo stopped covering his mouth with a hand in shock. "Merlin, what has he done?"

  "He's prevented the teachers from reporting and stopping abuse." Lucius answered grimly.

  "That law needs to go." Marvolo declared, the anger in his eyes reminding me of Voldemort.

  I shivered slightly as his eyes seemed to turn more red as he spoke. "How do we get rid of the law?"

  Lucius looked thoughtful. "Laws require two thirds of Wizengamot to consent to its passing. That law's older than I, so I would have to check who voted. Maybe we can get it vetoed."

  "That's good," I agreed, nodding. 

  "I am going to continue the farce of being an evil despot for now." Marvolo suddenly said. "Dumbledore expects that of me; to act otherwise would cast suspicion upon us." He paused, then smirked. "After I make sure that everyone is loyal, I think I'm going to try to run for office."

  "Office?" I blinked, "As in Minister Of Magic?"

  "Of course!" Marvolo cried, pacing back and forth. "It's perfect! He'll think that... and then I'll... but only if..."

  I exchanged glances with Lucius, who shrugged.

  "Marvolo, there already is a Minister Of Magic." Lucius pointed out.

  "They'll soon find themselves in need of a new one." Marvolo said offhandedly. "Everyone has a dirty secret, it's just be trick to find it."

  "Oh dear," I felt a sudden feeling of dread. "Marvolo, wouldn't it be better to pause before sporadically doing things?"

  "Blah," Marvolo shrugged, "I've had years to pause and think; I'm good without it."

  "Very well," I sighed, "What do you want us to do to help?"

  Marvolo smirked, "So, this is what I think we should do..."

~*~

  "Severus!" I heard Minerva call as I entered the school wards.

  "Minerva," I greeted her, turning around to face her.

  "You're okay?" Minerva asked, circling around me.

  I nodded, although how she was looking at me made me feel like prey.

  "Good," Minerva smirked. "If he hurt you, I would've killed him."