Chapter 24: Missing Her

Start from the beginning

"She should never have come back here. We should have just took her!" Tyler lashed out.

"She wanted to be here." Drake told Tyler.

"And now look where she is! She's missing because she came back here with you lot." Tyler snapped. "As soon as we get her back, we're taking her and none of you are ever seeing her again!"

"Tyler calm down, we'll talk about this later."Jeremy told his cousin then turned to us. "You should all get to school."

Then Jamie, Sam, Ryan, Sean, Jake and Sarah-Jayne left the house to go to school. I knew Tyler was being serious about taking Marley-Rose, he wanted her safe, gone but I would let him take her away from me, not if I get her back.

"Brody, go." Drake sighed. "It'll be fine, you know I'll call if we hear anything. Being here's doing you no good. Come on. I'll drive you."

I didn't say anything but let my brother led me out to his car. Drake drove me to school in silence. At school I felt like all eyes were on me and only me. I know what they're all thinking, they think it's my fault, I think that. 'How did a beautiful young girl get messed up with a bad guy like me?' I knew they were right, I would always be bad for Marley-Rose.

I stopped at my locker and looked at the one beside it, it was Marls' locker. I remember on the first day, making a kid switch with me so I could be closer to her. I was enchanted by her since the first time I saw her.

"Brody."

I looked away from Marley's locker and saw Chase before me. Chase my worst enemy, calling me by my first name?

"I'm sorry about Marley-Rose, I miss her too. I'm sorry about everything that ever went down between us Brody." Chase apologised.

I know he was trying to be sincere but I was so angry at the world and I took it out on him. Then I attacked him.

******************

I sat in the cool room on my own with a bag of ice to my knuckles after my fight with Chase, he didn't even fight back, he let me take my anger out on him and I was still so angry. Eventually some guys pulled me off him and now I'm cooling down.

I wanted to be alone but then the door opened and a pretty girl walked in. She was familiar and very pretty. I knew this girl. She had long dark brown hair, tan skin a deep beautiful brown eyes. She smiled at me.

"Brody." She smiled, she knew me too.

"Do I know you?" I uttered a few words.

"I'd like to think so." She sat beside me on the sofa. "We used to be friends, kind of, before Ally....died."

I looked at her again and suddenly I remembered, she was Ally's friend, Nelana. How could I forget her, she looks so different now. Nelena was the same age as us but I haven't seem her around since my sisters funeral. Even though she was Ally's friend, she was also mine. Nelana was one of them girls you could talk to about anything and she wouldn't judge you. She never judged me.

"Nelana?" I stuttered.

"In the flesh." She smirked.

"Where have you been?" I asked her.

"England. My parents shipped me off after Ally's funeral, it hit me hard but I'm better now and I'm back. How are you Brody?" She asked me.

"Tired" I said the first honest thing in a week. When somebody asked me how I was this week I always replied 'fine' but I could be honest with Nelana.

"I heard about your friend." Nelana took my hand. "Talk to me Brody."

I looked my old friend in the eyes and broke down allowing myself to cry on her. She put her arms around me and cradled me close.