Chapter 7

Sorry it's taken so long, I want to write more often but I get so caught up reading it falls to the back of my mind until lightning strikes and I get inspiration again. Thanks for sticking with me none the less. I realise this chapter drags on a little unnecessarily but it flowed and I couldn't stop it. Let me know what you think.

The ride back to the Mikaelson mansion was slightly tense but as the estate came into view the atmosphere began to relax slightly. Runa turned to her baby brother unable to fight the smile that came just from being in his presence, they sat in the backseats in order to annoy her husband who had wanted her to ride up front with him. Kol was always game to irk his brother more.

"We're here" Klaus announced unnecessarily filling the silence as he got out, speeding around in order to open Runa's door. She stepped out gracefully before throwing Kol a glare for laughing at Klaus being kind "I've missed your gentlemanly ways, men these days have no manners. You could stand to be more courteous to women Kol." She said almost chidingly smirking as she caught the smug smirk her husband threw his brother, for once not being the one scolded.

"Are they here?" Runa asked them making their way to the entrance receiving a nod from her favourite Mikaelson to which she smiled like the sun. She could no longer wait to see the rest of her family, speeding to the door she threw it open calling out "Little Lovely? Eli? I'm home".

They did not have to wait long before Bekah almost flew down the stairs eager to see her sister. She sped into Runa's open arms much like a Koala wrapping her arms and legs around her. Runa responded accordingly banding her strong arms around her taking a step backwards in order to take the added weight.

Rebekah knew it was childish but she had missed her sister. "I have missed you! So so much, where did you go? You just left" she sniffled into Runa's neck overcome with emotion. Kol rolled his eyes at her sensitive nature. He sped to the kitchen and came back slurping obnoxiously on a blood bag, while Klaus had wandered to the couch knowing from past experience they would be there while.

"I apologise little lovely" Runa smiled as her little sister sunk into her embrace at the familiar nickname. "I would have come back as soon as you were awoken had I not had matters to take care of." The explanation was true but it was not the only reason she did not come back. This was not the time to mention it now, this was the time for reunions.

Speaking of, Elijah was slowly walking down the stairs eyes never leaving his two sisters the smile tugging at his lips was enough to know that he was pleased. Runa gently unwound Bekah from her body before moving slowly to meet Elijah at the foot of the stairs.

"Brother" she sighed throwing her arms around his neck smiling widely when he returned her embrace holding her tightly making her feel the sense of protection you could only get from your older brother. Klaus smiled at the scene, the jealousy never came with her. He did not need to worry about Runa leaving him for his brothers they were a true family.

"Runa, sweetheart you've been missed" he said trying to retain his formal manner as he released her. "Eli you have no idea how much I've missed you all!" she exclaimed the feeling of peace was only one felt when her family was complete. If only her little Day was with them. She thought inwardly that it would come in time.

Kol couldn't stand being quiet any longer "yes, yes everyone has missed everyone" he huffed impatiently turning wide eyes to Runa "presents" he demanded. Klaus and Elijah exhaled exasperated breaths simultaneously at their baby brother and his frankly embarrassing attitude before realising their sister had turned to Runa with pleading eyes as well.

Runa laughed lightly, she knew it was her fault that they expected gifts but she couldn't help the need to buy them things especially her Koala. "Alright, we can have serious discussions tomorrow" she muttered while pulling out her phone and sending a quick text. "Gifts will be here soon".