Chapter 23

"You." She said almost breathlessly.

She didn't exactly know who the man sitting on Will's bed was, but she knew what he had done. Nancy had seen him many times before. He wasn't a good person. 

"Nancy, I was starting to think you'd never wake up." He said plainly, his arms folded over his navy suit.

"How, why...are you here?" She pressed, walking towards him.

"I understand that you have a lot of questions...and I will answer them."

"Then what are you doing here?" Nancy asked. "Why were you waiting for me?"

The man groaned, running his hands through his white hair. 

"Come on, Miss Wheeler, you can do better than that." He stood up, towering over her. "Ask some better questions."

Nancy paused. "Why are you here, why are you waiting for me?" She repeated.

He chuckled quietly. "It's simple. You and your friends have something I need."

"What is it?"

"My daughter."

---

"So, just to recap, when Will was in the upside down, he hid at Castle Byers, he went home. He hid in places he knew. You think that's what Nancy would do?" Steve asked.

"Yes. She knows we'd come and look for her." Mike answered for Jonathan.

"So we just go to the places she knows we know she'd go to?" Dustin said, lifting his backpack over his shoulder.

Jonathan nodded. "We should start at her house."

They all agreed and continued walking through the woods, before emerging onto the road.