Chapter 2

Nancy rubbed her eyes and rolled over to face Jonathan. He slept silently, breathing slowly. She smiled to herself, bringing back memories of the first time she went into the Upside Down and was too scared to be alone. He stayed with her.  She continued staring, thinking back to all those memories that were locked in the back of her mind.                            

"Nance?"' He whispered. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Just thinking..."

"About what?"

"Everything..."

Jonathan laughed and groaned quietly, stretching his arms above his head. Nancy sat up, reaching over to look at the time.

"9:30! My mom's going to kill me...I didn't call her last night." Nancy cursed under her breath and stood up quickly, throwing on a jumper that was loosely thrown onto a chair.

"Nance, that's my jumper," Jonathan said, laughing.

"God, I need to stop going home with someone else's jumper." Nancy thought to herself.

Jonathan followed her into the kitchen, shielding his eyes from the bright light coming through the windows. Will was sitting at the counter, eating cereal.

"Oh hey...Nancy?" He said, his eyes going from Nancy to Jonathan quickly.

"Hey, back already?" Jonathan asked, ignoring the confused expression on Will's face.

"Yeah...Dustin had a dentist appointment so we all went home early."

"Well, I've got to go, I'll talk to you later," Nancy said, shuffling over to Jonathan and giving him a light kiss on the cheek before leaving. 

Jonathan reddened slightly as the front door closed, turning back to his younger brother. Before anyone could say anything, Joyce came through the door holding a bag of groceries.

"Hey, I just passed Nancy. Did she need anything?"

"No mom...Nancy spent the night!" Will said, grinning.