Chapter 14

"Almost...got it!" Jonathan said, reaching up to grab a worn cardboard box. Nancy took it from him as Jonathan jumped down from the chair.

Will looked into the box incredulously.
"So you guys have done this before? With this stuff?"

Jonathan smirked and ruffled his brother's hair.
"You could say we're professionals." He noted.

Nancy laughed. "Sure....Come on, let's go load this into the car."

Steve swung the bat around him, trying it out. He didn't really need to test it- he had used it plenty of times before.

As disgusting as it looked, with dark brown patches of dried blood hanging off the nails, it was significant to Steve. Wielding the bat made him feel important. 

He clumsily re-packed his bag, then went over to his fridge, pulling out all the raw meat he had. He laughed to himself, thinking of the last time he had needed this much meat.

"I've been in some crazy ass-"

"Steve!" Someone shouted from outside. Steve looked up, eyebrows raised and moved over to the front window.

He looked out cautiously, only to be met by the smiling face of Dustin.
"Do you have meat?" He shouted, holding a bucket.

Steve laughed at his child-like innocence and let him, showing him an identical bucket.

"Let's go." Steve nodded and grabbed his car keys before locking the door behind him. His parents were out - again. They wouldn't care.